Philip Seymour Hoffman dead of heroin OD

Started by Queequeg, February 02, 2014, 01:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

CountDeMoney

Queequeg

He had three young kids and as much talent as any American actor of his generation.  It's fucking horrible. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Quote from: WikiOn February 2nd 2014, Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead at his apartment. He died of aids

The Brain

CountDeMoney

QuoteAward-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead Sunday afternoon in his New York City apartment, a law-enforcement official said.

The New York Police Department is investigating, and the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner to determine exact cause of death. The official said Mr. Hoffman, 46 years old, was found dead at his apartment at 35 Bethune St. in the West Village neighborhood of Manhattan.

Mr. Hoffman won the Academy Award for Best Actor for the 2005 film, "Capote."

The actor was found in the bathroom of his fourth floor apartment in the Pickwick House around 11:15 a.m. by a screenwriter, who called 911, the official said.

Here's his building:
http://streeteasy.com/nyc/building/pickwick-house

Here's what you can get there for $3.1M, 3 years ago--
http://streeteasy.com/nyc/sale/480676-condo-35-bethune-street-west-village-new-york

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Are you sure you didn't just watch Before The Devil Knows You're Dead? :(

This sucks.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Queequeg

He was being treated for heroin addiction pretty recently but claimed to had beaten it. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Queequeg on February 02, 2014, 02:10:40 PM
He was being treated for heroin addiction pretty recently but claimed to had beaten it.

Junkies always claim to have beaten their addiction demons, right up to the point when their heart stops.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr