And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 Election Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, January 26, 2014, 08:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2014, 08:35:58 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 04, 2014, 08:32:06 PM
Do you think Grimes was hurt by having a compound name? I know a lot of people who will vote against a person reflexively if they have that. Kentucky seems like exactly the type of place that would happen.
She was probably hurt more by having Hillary campaign for her for some idiotic reason, and also for refusing to answer a reporter's question about whether she had voted for Obama in 2012. :sleep:

:D rats jumping off a ship
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

McConnell is making his leadership pitch right now.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 04, 2014, 08:41:20 PM
I like McConnell.  He's a good dude.  Fuck all y'all bitches. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

No surprises so far, looks like the Dems will win in New Hampshire and N.C., but lose in Georgia.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2014, 08:42:07 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 04, 2014, 08:41:20 PM
I like McConnell.  He's a good dude.  Fuck all y'all bitches. :)

Fire your gun into the air...

MAH CLIP

11B4V

fucking Wolf calls it like a football game.  :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 04, 2014, 06:12:52 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 04, 2014, 06:00:41 PM
I voted all R's too.

Bah.  Ohio Republicans are as squirrelly as they come.

Even though I live up in Cracker County, I'm still a Baltimore County property tax payer, so I never changed registration.  Voted all Ds, even though I had initially considered abstaining from governor, since Brown was O'Malley's LG and those fuckers cost me my job.

There was a Libertarian running for Attorney General that's made the race closer between the Democrat and the Fascist Party nominees, but that just felt...wrong.  Libertarian Attorney General.  Tits on a bull.
Here's what I don't get.  Yeah, O'Malley really fucked you, but at least you still have hope.  If Republicans ever took power, they would do everything they could to ensure that you never work again, or that if you do you'd be doing menial labour for $2 an hour, 14 hours a day, with no overtime.  The Democrats have many, many faults, but the current crop of Republicans are crossing the line from the venality and corruption that we in the West have come to expect of our politicians, into the territory that is commonly thought of as 'evil'.

Show some sense.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2014, 08:35:58 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 04, 2014, 08:32:06 PM
Do you think Grimes was hurt by having a compound name? I know a lot of people who will vote against a person reflexively if they have that. Kentucky seems like exactly the type of place that would happen.
She was probably hurt more by having Hillary campaign for her for some idiotic reason, and also for refusing to answer a reporter's question about whether she had voted for Obama in 2012. :sleep:

Not to mention her idiotic commercials.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grallon

So - do the 'out-of-this-world' Republicans gain control back in the Senate?

Will they shred Obamacare to Oblivion after all?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

derspiess

Hillary campaigned hard for Grimey in Northern KY.  Gave Grimey zero lift, apparently.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Ed Anger

MadImmortalMan

Maryland too close to call? Come on.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers