News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 Election Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, January 26, 2014, 08:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Savonarola on November 04, 2014, 03:29:45 PM
Yep, I voted for pot, for wetlands and to jack up sales tax to support the schools here in Brevard County. :)

:smoke:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: derspiess on November 04, 2014, 01:01:34 PM
What shit needs done?

The tax code that hasn't been reformed in 30 years, immigration, trade, deferred maintenance on bridges and roads, to name a few.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 04, 2014, 03:40:13 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 04, 2014, 01:01:34 PM
What shit needs done?

The tax code that hasn't been reformed in 30 years, immigration, trade, deferred maintenance on bridges and roads, to name a few.

That stuff can get done without changing the presidential term length.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Anyway, it looks like WV is going to elect its first Republican senator in 55 years.  Never thought I'd see it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maximus

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

There was a cop inside entrance to my polling station. I felt intimidated!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 04, 2014, 06:00:41 PM
I voted all R's too.

Bah.  Ohio Republicans are as squirrelly as they come.

Even though I live up in Cracker County, I'm still a Baltimore County property tax payer, so I never changed registration.  Voted all Ds, even though I had initially considered abstaining from governor, since Brown was O'Malley's LG and those fuckers cost me my job.

There was a Libertarian running for Attorney General that's made the race closer between the Democrat and the Fascist Party nominees, but that just felt...wrong.  Libertarian Attorney General.  Tits on a bull.

dps

We only have 5 contested partisan races here.  There are a few positions for which someone is running unopposed, plus a bunch of non-partisan positions (judgeships, Board of Educations, etc.).  Voted for 4 Republicans and 1 Democrat

Caliga

Grimey is getting destroyed. :cool:  Hello, Senate Majority Leader from Kentucky  :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2014, 07:14:46 PM
Grimey is getting destroyed. :cool:  Hello, Senate Majority Leader from Kentucky  :showoff:

Late reporting cities?  Recent polls had them close-ish.

Caliga

All the news stations are calling for Mitch.  With 10% counted he's up 16 points.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points