Started by jimmy olsen, January 26, 2014, 08:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 04, 2014, 01:23:50 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 04, 2014, 01:20:10 PM
Holder sent DOJ poll monitors to my county :rolleyes:

Awesome.

Good thing I didn't see any around our polling station.  If one of them got in my face, I'd drop that motherfucker.

*name the movie reference
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on November 04, 2014, 01:30:47 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 04, 2014, 01:23:50 PM

Awesome.

Good thing I didn't see any around our polling station.  If one of them got in my face, I'd drop that motherfucker.

*name the movie reference

Birth of a Nation?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

Voted anti incumbent on pretty much everything today.  Especially Governor.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

They heard people were going around buying and selling votes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Habbaku on November 04, 2014, 02:18:22 PM

FIGHT THE POWER. 

We voted for every libertarian on the ballot.  All two of them.

Habbaku

Same here. Except Governor.  Nathan Deal can eat a dick.  The Carters are coming back!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Savonarola

Quote from: derspiess on November 04, 2014, 03:19:19 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on November 04, 2014, 02:18:22 PM

FIGHT THE POWER. 

We voted for every libertarian on the ballot.  All two of them.

I was tempted to vote libertarian for governor.  The last I saw he was polling up around 9%; that's how unlikable both major candidates are.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Savonarola on November 04, 2014, 03:22:32 PM
I was tempted to vote libertarian for governor.  The last I saw he was polling up around 9%; that's how unlikable both major candidates are.

Did you vote for pot?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Yeah, some unpleasant choices in FLA.

Savonarola

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 04, 2014, 03:24:32 PM

Did you vote for pot?

Yep, I voted for pot, for wetlands and to jack up sales tax to support the schools here in Brevard County. :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 04, 2014, 03:24:32 PM

Did you vote for pot?

:wacko: :unsure:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Kleves

Don't blame me, I voted for kettle.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.