Are Today's Germans Morally Responsible for the Holocaust?

Started by Syt, January 23, 2014, 09:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: fhdz on January 24, 2014, 08:51:01 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 24, 2014, 08:48:31 PM
So...there's an evolutionary explanation for Lettow's and CdM's yellow fever?

It certainly would seem so. There's also an evolutionary explanation for why like 101% of Jewish people need glasses.

:yeahright:  Really?  I know that myopia is particularly prevalent in East Asia and afflicts a comfortable majority of adults (I worked on a study about it a long time ago).  And that it has historically been nearly absent among indigenous Arctic populations.  But Jews, I've never heard that.  Other than the high proportion of book learners who ruin their long-distance vision over time.  Which is itself an old wives' tale, but one that seems to have some basis in fact.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

fhdz

I don't have a single thing to back it up, Mihali, except that every older Jewish guy I see wears glasses. Nota bene: I am also ethnically Jewish.
and the horse you rode in on

Capetan Mihali

Most older guys of every race, ethnicity, creed, and national origin tend to wear glasses though, no?  :D
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fhdz on January 24, 2014, 09:50:48 PM
Per biological imperatives: I just had the most adorable, big-boned Indiana-raised petitioner come to my door. She could have asked me to sign a petition to slaughter all the whales in a 500 mile radius and I'd have put pen to paper.

LOL.

When I applied for a position in Nebraska, told Mom I would find a nice, healthy corn-fed Midwestern blonde of Northern European descent to breed with.

Sigh.  I could really go for a healthy corn-fed Midwestern blonde of Northern European descent right about now.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 24, 2014, 09:56:08 PM
Per biological imperatives: I just had the most adorable, big-boned Indiana-raised petitioner come to my door. She could have asked me to sign a petition to slaughter all the whales in a 500 mile radius and I'd have put pen to paper.

LOL.

When I applied for a position in Nebraska, told Mom I would find a nice, healthy corn-fed Midwestern blonde of Northern European descent to breed with.

Sigh.  I could really go for a healthy corn-fed Midwestern blonde of Northern European descent right about now.

You would love Bloomington Indiana.

CountDeMoney

Christ, now that I think about it, I've only hit two blondes in the last 20 years.  I have more redheads under my belt, with an equal number of Asiatic types.  Now that math just don't add up.

edit: brunettes, of course, maintain the plurality.

MadImmortalMan

My wife's healthy blonde sister just became single. She's a personal trainer.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 24, 2014, 10:19:01 PM

She's be off the market by, oh, I'd say by the 29th.

sbr

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 24, 2014, 10:20:09 PM

I'm guessing a 50 year old dude with cash is gonna be around soon, yeah.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 24, 2014, 09:56:08 PM

LOL.

It was her first night petitioning, or so she said :) I sat on my porch and smoked a cigar while she talked to me and told her she was "doing great".
and the horse you rode in on

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 24, 2014, 10:21:28 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 24, 2014, 10:20:09 PM

I'm guessing a 50 year old dude with cash is gonna be around soon, yeah.

Hi.

The Brain

Quote from: citizen k on January 24, 2014, 06:30:40 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 23, 2014, 09:28:25 PM

I don't feel Tibetans have any moral responsibility to guard against their tendency to exterminate entire ethnic groups.  Nor do Balians, or Swedes, or Australian aborigines, or most people in the world.

The Swedes wiped out the Geats? Brain, any thoughts?

We didn't and said we did.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.