News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How much does it cost you to get into work?

Started by Brazen, January 20, 2014, 12:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I have a strong association that busses are for poor people, but trains are okay fore everyone.

I'm trying to get over that since I've been taking the bus to get to the train station for the last two weeks, but I still think there's something to that.  I often see people in suits on the train, but never on the bus.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Quote from: Brazen on January 23, 2014, 12:25:33 PM
What I get for my money. My Tube line home is closed because some clumsy civil engineer filled the signal room with quick-setting cement...

http://usvsth3m.com/post/74285062011/you-wont-believe-why-the-victoria-line-is-currently

Surely that's a hoax. If it isn't, enjoy being without the tube for a long time.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

KRonn

Quote from: Barrister on January 23, 2014, 12:39:09 PM
I have a strong association that busses are for poor people, but trains are okay fore everyone.

I'm trying to get over that since I've been taking the bus to get to the train station for the last two weeks, but I still think there's something to that.  I often see people in suits on the train, but never on the bus.

You are now a poor person.... oh how the mighty have fallen!   ;)

katmai

Never should have left the high life in Whitehorse, no siree!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on January 23, 2014, 01:32:14 PM
Never should have left the high life in Whitehorse, no siree!

And my 15 minute drive to work.  You're very correct.

Damn wiener kids.

:(

derspiess

I avoid buses at all costs.  But I do look forward to our streetcar :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Liep on January 23, 2014, 12:41:06 PM
What I get for my money. My Tube line home is closed because some clumsy civil engineer filled the signal room with quick-setting cement...

http://usvsth3m.com/post/74285062011/you-wont-believe-why-the-victoria-line-is-currently

Surely that's a hoax. If it isn't, enjoy being without the tube for a long time.

I don't know that site but looks like Britain's papers are covering it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

vM just spooged.

Maximus

Savonarola

"Anybody seen in a bus over the age of 30 has been a failure in life" 
-Brian Howard

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

sbr

I'd rather ride the bus at age 30 than wear a name tag at work.

Barrister

Quote from: Savonarola on January 23, 2014, 04:10:34 PM

"Anybody seen in a bus over the age of 30 has been a failure in life" 
-Brian Howard

After googling who Brian Howard was, I'm just going to assume he rode the bus a lot.

Savonarola

Quote from: Barrister on January 23, 2014, 05:27:46 PM

After googling who Brian Howard was, I'm just going to assume he rode the bus a lot.

He was successful at being an angry hack.   :bowler:

Unfortunately that was the fate of many of the Bright Young Things.  At least Evelyn Waugh got some enjoyment out of them.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

I never expected BB to espouse one of my views.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Wow.

I mean, I think it too, but I wouldn't say it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)