News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How much does it cost you to get into work?

Started by Brazen, January 20, 2014, 12:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Brazen on January 20, 2014, 12:12:21 PM
My travel card has gone up to £205.10 a month for the privilege of an uncertain service, weekend closures, being rammed up against strangers' armpits and ending up somewhere I'd rather not be every day. On a good day it takes an hour to travel 13 miles.

How much does your commute cost you?

Tank of gas a week for a 60 mile round trip daily for a four day work week.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

fhdz

I live 10.4 miles from work. My rough estimate based on current gas prices is that it costs me a little over $19 a week for strictly home-work-home commute. That of course doesn't take into account the days I pick up my girls after school or stops at the grocery store, etc.
and the horse you rode in on

Siege

Tamas, how's your accent?
From 1 to 10. 1 sounding retarded, like timmay when he is drunk, 10 sounding like spellus given a presentation for his PhD with no cognac.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

viper37

Quote from: Brazen on January 20, 2014, 12:12:21 PM
How much does your commute cost you?
I could answer, but you'd have to promise not to strangle me :P

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

dps

Let's see.  I live about 7 miles from where I work, so that's 14 miles a day round-trip.  I get about 28 miles to the gallon, so half a gallon a day, that's roughly 10 gallons a month.   Gas is about $3.25 or so, so call it $32.50 a month.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Anyway, I'm inordinately proud of the sheer pith of the self-loathing and self-pity inherent in that one word post.  Top that, Money.  I dare you.
Kinemalogue

alfred russel

Quote from: Ideologue on January 20, 2014, 07:52:13 PM
Anyway, I'm inordinately proud of the sheer pith of the self-loathing and self-pity inherent in that one word post.  Top that, Money.  I dare you.

That was a quality post. Good job. :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on January 20, 2014, 07:51:18 PM
They kind of did.  MY LIFE IS A LIE. :o

:lol:

I take a drink in your honor. Good French brandy, not redneck 'shine.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney