News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2014

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 09, 2014, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2014, 10:47:40 AM
Yeah the Orioles finally won another game!  Man what a brutal start.

Oh, they've had worse starts :D

Reds fans are on suicide watch.  Homer Bailey apparently sucks, Cueto has sucked so far (though nobody will admit it), Votto hasn't homered yet, and Billy Hamilton is batting .091 so far (can't steal bases if you can't get on!).  But then when the Reds string together a few wins, everyone will be predicting a WS title.

My only gripe with the Cards thus far has been Lance Lynn.  He's the luckiest MLB pitcher in the past 2-3 years with all the run support he's gotten.  He's an anchor in the rotation and sooner or later his W-L will reflect that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 09, 2014, 12:08:08 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2014, 10:47:40 AM
Yeah the Orioles finally won another game!  Man what a brutal start.

Oh, they've had worse starts :D

HEY NOW  :mad:

jimmy olsen

Finally was able to watch a game and of course the Sox lose 10-7 <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Cardinals avoid getting swept by the overachieving Brewers.  Previous two games were painful.  I should know by now if it goes into extra innings, they're gonna lose.

Brewers are the hottest team in baseball right now, but I can't see that holding up.  If I'm wrong, please don't refer to this post in September.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Orioles pitching has managed not to fold against the Pirates the last two rain outs.

Syt

I've finally gotten myself a router, so I can properly use my wireless devices at home and it also doubles as a media server. And I've hooked up my LG Blu Ray player. Their premium offer sucks, but hey - I can link my MLB.tv subscription to it, so I can watch ballgames on the big screen now. Yay technology. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

I had mlb.tv all season last year.  Haven't started it yet this year, just doing the app with streaming audio so far.

Syt

I've been subscribing fr the last few years, but so far I could only watch on my computer.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

So I finally made it to a game Friday.  Amazing how much faster the games go when you have free food & booze.  Darth Vader threw out the first pitch but didn't make it over the plate.

Hope the Cards snap out of their funk.  When you almost get swept by the Cubs, that's a hell of a reality check.

alfred russel

Quote from: derspiess on May 05, 2014, 11:25:45 AM
So I finally made it to a game Friday.  Amazing how much faster the games go when you have free food & booze.  Darth Vader threw out the first pitch but didn't make it over the plate.

Hope the Cards snap out of their funk.  When you almost get swept by the Cubs, that's a hell of a reality check.

The Braves have dropped 6 straight and they start playing the Cards tonight. So something has to give.

I think I'm going to the game on Wed.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

sbr

I was in Seattle on Thursday night but the stupid mariners were in new York

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on May 05, 2014, 11:38:54 AM
The Braves have dropped 6 straight

They just need to play the Reds more :)

Quoteand they start playing the Cards tonight. So something has to give.

Harang is pitching for the Braves tonight and he's been pretty decent.  Cardinals bats will probably stay dormant.

QuoteI think I'm going to the game on Wed.

If the Cardinals win one game, that should be it.  Wainwright is pitching :D

Sophie Scholl

Bleh.  Indians have had a terrible April and had a brutal blown save yesterday.  I'm hoping they turn things around for Wednesday's and Thursday's games when I travel out there.  I found tickets on stubhub, three rows from the field right next to the Tribe dugout for $24 a piece for both games.  I'm super pumped.  :cheers:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

Wow, I can see why they ruled that a hit but Chipper would have made that play easily.

alfred russel

We are fucked, gg speiss. We probably won't score 5 runs the whole series.  :(
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014