News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2014

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 09, 2014, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on March 31, 2014, 02:01:01 PM
Looks like the Mets don't have any fans either.

Being the #2 team in New York still gets you a lot of fans.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 31, 2014, 02:02:41 PM

Being the #2 team in New York still gets you a lot of fans.

When ever I see a foreigner going on about the evil Yankees I just assume they are Mets fans.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on March 31, 2014, 02:04:36 PM
When ever I see a foreigner going on about the evil Yankees I just assume they are Mets fans.

:D

Though the Mets fan New Yorkers I know will generally circle the wagons & root for the Yankees in a lot of cases.  I'd guess there's probably more hatred coming from Red Sox or Phillies fans.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Or the As.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Californians are such bandwagoners that state would have been all green in the 70s and 80s.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 31, 2014, 02:23:52 PM
Californians are such bandwagoners that state would have been all green in the 70s and 80s.

Easy to do when you have no soul.

Capetan Mihali

I'd have thoughts the Mets at least would have taken Queens County and maybe Nassau. :(

It looks like they got a county in north-central Oklahoma though? :huh:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

MadBurgerMaker

Yay opening day! 

We were just making fun of the Cubs pitchers douchestache and talking about how he deserves a walk off HR against him for that nasty shit.  Sure enough: a meatball gets crushed for a Pirates W.   :)

I missed baseball more than I would have thought.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on March 31, 2014, 03:47:44 PM
:yeah:

Did you watch the whole thing?  Must have been riveting :P

Syt

Quote from: derspiess on March 31, 2014, 04:17:53 PM
Quote from: Syt on March 31, 2014, 03:47:44 PM
:yeah:

Did you watch the whole thing?  Must have been riveting :P

:P I had the radio broadcast on in the background.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadBurgerMaker

Nice HR for Cruuuuuuuuuuz there

derspiess

Cards win. Tuning into postgame radio to enjoy the wheels falling off the Red Machine just one game into the season.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: derspiess on March 31, 2014, 02:13:52 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 31, 2014, 02:04:36 PM

:D

Though the Mets fan New Yorkers I know will generally circle the wagons & root for the Yankees in a lot of cases.  I'd guess there's probably more hatred coming from Red Sox or Phillies fans.
The mets fans I know here in Central New York are generally the second biggest group of Yankees haters after Red Sox fans.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."