News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2014

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 09, 2014, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I still like minor league ball better. Like the Dayton Dragons.

Problem is, hipsters are starting to infect the area around Fifth Third Field as Dayton attempts to rebuild the area.

I hate Dayton Hipsters.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 18, 2014, 08:54:24 AM
I still like minor league ball better. Like the Dayton Dragons.

Problem is, hipsters are starting to infect the area around Fifth Third Field as Dayton attempts to rebuild the area.

I hate Dayton Hipsters.
What distinguishes them from hipsters elsewhere?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

They don't hate you enough.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: derspiess on March 18, 2014, 08:45:20 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on January 09, 2014, 09:18:28 PM
I kind of want to go to Cooperstown to see the plaques for Glavine, Maddux, and Cox. These are the first guys that I grew up watching (on the team I was following) to get in. I figure that will make me feel a bit old. I remember being a kid and trading away Glavine's rookie card after he got lit up one night because I concluded he sucked.

Everyone should visit at least once.  Shame it's so far out of the way to plan much else around it.
This coming from you of all people?  There's Ommegang Brewery, Cooperstown Brewery, Butternuts Brewery, the F.X. Matt Brewery, the Farmer's Museum, Fort Stanwix National Monument, Oriskany Battlefield, Remington Arms, Munson Williams Proctor Art Institute, and much, much more all within an hour.  I could list off even more places, but these are simply ones in Cooperstown or just west in Utica or Rome.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 19, 2014, 02:54:34 AM
This coming from you of all people?  There's Ommegang Brewery, Cooperstown Brewery, Butternuts Brewery, the F.X. Matt Brewery, the Farmer's Museum, Fort Stanwix National Monument, Oriskany Battlefield, Remington Arms, Munson Williams Proctor Art Institute, and much, much more all within an hour.  I could list off even more places, but these are simply ones in Cooperstown or just west in Utica or Rome.

:Embarrass:  Last time I was there was 1982.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

I finally looked at the Aroldis Chapman pic  :yucky:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PRC

sbr

This stringing along of the start of the season really annoys me. 

First there are 2 fake games in Australia 3 weeks ago that count in the standings.  Now one game tonight.  Then more tomorrow, but  still not everyone.

They need to go back to the good old days where all of the teams opened on the same day, one big orgy of baseballey goodness.

CountDeMoney

Christ, I just want Nelson Cruz to last until the All-Star Break before he blows the usual tire.

derspiess

Quote from: sbr on March 30, 2014, 04:27:29 PM
This stringing along of the start of the season really annoys me. 

First there are 2 fake games in Australia 3 weeks ago that count in the standings.  Now one game tonight.  Then more tomorrow, but  still not everyone.

They need to go back to the good old days where all of the teams opened on the same day, one big orgy of baseballey goodness.

Yep.  Leave well enough alone.  Also Opening Day should be a federal holiday.

Reds fans are awfully optimistic for a team that has like 7 players on the DL.  But all it will take is them dropping the first two games against St. Louis & it'll be doom & gloom :menace:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

So basically you love the Red Sox or the Yankees unless there is another team nearby.  LOL at the Padres.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

The Padres are like the Cubs, without the fanbase.

Razgovory

Looks like the Mets don't have any fans either.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017