News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2014

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 09, 2014, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Haha!  Suck it Timmy!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 31, 2014, 07:25:06 PM
Reds are shitty.

One game in, they seem to be continuing their offensive slump from last year. 

I didn't go to the game but just as I was driving past the stadium on my way home Yadi hit his home run.  Given how vilified he is around here, it was sweet and fitting that his solo shot was the one run scored in the game.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

O's win.  Nelson Cruz manages to hit something and not land on the 60-day DL.  Then again, there's always tomorrow.

Sophie Scholl

Despite their best efforts, the Tribe pulled out the shut out win.  Well worth the listen.  I love The Baseball. :wub:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Los Gigantes came back to win with 2run HR from Buster Posey.
Hope sign of things to come.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

The Reds were kind enough to hold back the game until i got home from dinner, around 9:30pm.  It may have also rained a little.

Matt Adams seems to be having an early onset of secondyearitis.  Dropped a double play ball Monday and got picked off at first (he doesn't even steal, wtf) tonight.  And Peralta is going to have to do a bit more to prove he's worth the trouble (might help if he changed the spelling of his name-- "Jhonny"??).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 31, 2014, 08:28:09 PM
O's win.  Nelson Cruz manages to hit something and not land on the 60-day DL.  Then again, there's always tomorrow.

The Bullpen melted down.  Oh joy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Glad I held off on buying tickets for the businessman's special tomorrow.  Looks like it's gonna rain & rain & rain.

Syt

Pittsburgh and Chicago are in the 16h inning ... :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on April 02, 2014, 10:39:55 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 31, 2014, 08:28:09 PM

The Bullpen melted down.  Oh joy.

Get used to that shit this season.

dps

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

So many Southerners rooting for the Yankees.  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 05, 2014, 02:51:48 AM
So many Southerners rooting for the Yankees.  :(

And people say they are still fighting the Civil War.

Yeah the Orioles finally won another game!  Man what a brutal start.