How American are you? Take the alternative citizenship quiz!

Started by Syt, December 16, 2013, 12:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 16, 2013, 02:19:34 PM
I don't understand how salsa is so expensive at the store, but they give to you free at Mexican restaurants. :(

In the city, you often get the opportunity to pay for it. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on December 16, 2013, 01:38:24 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on December 16, 2013, 01:34:35 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 16, 2013, 01:31:58 PM
Tomatoes belong in the salad, not in your burger.

Well maybe not in your burger.  But assuming good taste, it a basic ingredient of a burger.
Lettuce and tomatoes confuse the taste of the burger.  It's supposed to be a meat dish, you won't make amends for it by adding a slice of tomato on top of the patty.

:wacko:

A Burger is a sandwich.  A sandwich typically contains meat, a vegetable, and maybe cheese.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

I don't understand how salsa is so expensive at the store, but they give to you free at Mexican restaurants. :(

The store kind is better.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

They build it into the price of the rest of the food :secret:

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Its cheap when the store is a Mexican supermarket. :P

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 16, 2013, 02:42:57 PM

You like the taste of preservatives?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on December 16, 2013, 02:57:42 PM

I like the chunks of peppers and tomatoes. Salsa that's just sauce is boring.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Agelastus

Well, I thought I'd better take this test given my result in the "British" test.

Unfortunately, the website is refusing to tell me how much I scored... :unsure:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 16, 2013, 03:01:32 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 16, 2013, 02:57:42 PM

I like the chunks of peppers and tomatoes. Salsa that's just sauce is boring.

Ah gotcha. I dislike chunks and happy that it is rarer to have them at a restaurant. :D

grumbler

The McD's question was really a reference to an old ad campaign jingle, not to the sandwich per se.  I don't think I've ever eaten a Big Mac, but knew that answer.

I got 83%.  Missed BitUSA because I thought the question was about the album (didn't read closely enough), Free as a Bird (never listened to that song), Red Sox, and mayo.

I don't think that test measures much, nor was it intended to, but it was fun.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sophie Scholl

Fucking Mayo.  Ruined my perfect score. <_<  "You answered 22 of 23 questions correctly for a total score of 96%.   90 percent or higher? You bleed red, white, and blue. Fourth of July might just be your favorite holiday."  I find that kind of amusing, as I would move to Canada if I could. :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

87%  I missed the condiment question, Free Bird, and the original Rat Pack leader.  Only ashamed at missing the last one.  In retrospect I went for the "too obvious to be correct" answer.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maximus

What a ridiculous quiz. "American-ness" isn't defined by pop culture knowledge.