And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 15, so go fuck yourselves

Started by CountDeMoney, December 13, 2013, 11:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on December 18, 2013, 12:38:39 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2013, 12:36:52 PM
What's the current record on longest FG?

64 yds, just set this weekend? or was it last weekend.

Yeah, outdoors at Mile High, but Tucker's is the longest in a dome. 

Also, an interesting tidbit--
QuoteTucker is the first player in NFL history to kick field goals in the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s in the same game.

And how can you not love a guy that gives a shoutout to his fantasy owners afterwards--

http://youtu.be/SnZzPQUv04g

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/justin-tucker-is-the-most-interesting-man-in-the-nfl-121613

Also sings opera, and is fluent in 5 languages.  My respect for a UT education has grown exponentially.  :P

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on December 18, 2013, 12:38:39 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2013, 12:36:52 PM
What's the current record on longest FG?

64 yds, just set this weekend? or was it last weekend.

It was a couple weeks ago, and I only heard about it as an "Oh, by the way" in the day's highlights.  Seems like it should have been a bigger deal for someone to break that 63-yard ceiling.

Also, on Loose Cannons last night they were talking about how it's such a problem that there are too many field goals.  WTF-- it is called "football".  Field goals are an important part of the game-- get over it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Garvin got a $25,000 fine for the hit on Huber.  About what I expected to see.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on December 16, 2013, 04:13:25 PM
Don't worry, there will be a fine come Tuesday.  How is anyone surprised that the Steelers are only punished after the game ends with monetary concessions demanded?  It's been going on for years and probably will continue to do so.  They don't get the game breaking or changing penalties against them, nor loss of draft picks, nor suspensions, just fines.  Fines which are a total joke compared to the other alternatives.
Just messed up the day, as it was Wednesday.  As Speissy says though, a fine was indeed issued.  Anyone surprised? :rolleyes:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Dude the league fines more for uniform violations than they do for some hits, so no not surprised at all.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 17, 2013, 01:10:35 PM
If it is a 1pm game, I might watch Andy Dalton retard it up on the TeeVee.

Not looking good for a sellout, so you may be watching the My Little Pony Christmas special at 1:00pm Sunday.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on December 19, 2013, 10:08:20 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 17, 2013, 01:10:35 PM
If it is a 1pm game, I might watch Andy Dalton retard it up on the TeeVee.

Not looking good for a sellout, so you may be watching the My Little Pony Christmas special at 1:00pm Sunday.

Yay!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Did you guys hear that the FCC changed the blackout rule?  Not sure when it will take effect though.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2013, 10:10:06 AM
Did you guys hear that the FCC changed the blackout rule?  Not sure when it will take effect though.

Not this weekend, apparently.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 17, 2013, 08:50:29 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 17, 2013, 08:09:39 PM
NFC: tainted

What is worse, is that he named my team.  :mad:

He doesn't really believe what he is saying. 
It's a clever effort to weaponize and direct the Taint, but the Taint is far too powerful a force to be controlled that way. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: derspiess on December 18, 2013, 12:51:24 PM
It was a couple weeks ago, and I only heard about it as an "Oh, by the way" in the day's highlights.  Seems like it should have been a bigger deal for someone to break that 63-yard ceiling.

That record has been ripe for the picking for a long time.
IMO the only reason it took so long is that in today's offense-centered, pass-happy NFL it is probably rarely optimal to attempt for 3 at that distance.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

That's a good point Joan.  Almost conceding the 7 if you miss.

Any thoughts on explanations for the current age of super kickers?

Neil

I would think that the kickers have gotten stronger just like every other player out there.  And the rules protecting them probably haven't hurt either.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Minsky Moment

Part of it is same reason Olympic records keep getting surpassed.
The other part is that the money in the game is such that it makes sense for strong-legged kids to start dedicating themselves to kicking starting early and focus all their effort into it.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."