News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 15, so go fuck yourselves

Started by CountDeMoney, December 13, 2013, 11:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 17, 2013, 10:47:38 AM
Yeah, I think it's pretty easy to get cheap tickets for bad teams in the second half of a losing season.  Helps if the weather is shitty.  People have offered me Skins tickets before for meaningless games.

That is true.  If I lived the DC area I would have gone to lots of games over the years.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 17, 2013, 11:24:42 AM
:P Not that many.  I had Joe Gibbs 1.0 for a lot of my DC years.

I am so sorry I was upset at the 7-9 1988 season Coach Gibbs.  What wouldn't I give for a few 7-9 seasons now?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

I don't do NFL games. I'd rather sit in a comfy chair at home and watch.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Well, after the apple picking is done at least.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 17, 2013, 12:26:41 PM
I don't do NFL games. I'd rather sit in a comfy chair at home and watch.

I would attend all 16 Redskins games a year if I could.  Granted I am more likely to run a marathon on the moon.

I used to attend all the Texas home games back when that was cheap and I had the time.

Ed Anger

derspiess

Obviously I prefer to be at the game if at all possible.  But assuming it's not prime-time you miss out on other games played at the same time, plus a good chunk of games scheduled before or after your game.

Tough to beat the live stadium experience, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

I think the TV experience is unmatched.  There you have a maestro coordinating 14 cameras to deliver you a Wagnerian opera in real time.

Though I suppose there are folks who go to the stadium and just watch the jumbotron the whole time.

The one game I went to I did notice a substantial chunk of the male attendees in the front rows NEVER took their eyes off the go go dancers.

derspiess

Looks like the early line has Baltimore favored by 2.5 over New England.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on December 17, 2013, 12:40:07 PM
Tough to beat the live stadium experience, though.

Yeah nothing like the stadium experience.  I love the emotional rush and the noise and the feeling of being just a few yards from the action.  I will never forget being in the front row right in front of this hit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zorwg3ZtGEg

Man I don't know how that dude ever walked again.

derspiess

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on December 16, 2013, 05:50:33 PM
I just read an article on the playoff picture at this point, with the Bungles loss last night the Dolphins get the last Wild Card spot if they win their last two, period.  No matter what happens, one of the Ravens or Bungles would be out at that point.

Here are the potential Bengals/Ravens/Dolphins scenarios for this week.  Of course all three teams could win & nothing would be decided.

QuoteCINCINNATI BENGALS

Cincinnati clinches AFC North division with:

1) CIN win + BAL loss or tie OR
2) CIN tie + BAL loss

Cincinnati clinches a playoff spot with:

1) CIN win + MIA loss or tie OR
2) CIN tie + MIA loss

BALTIMORE RAVENS

Baltimore clinches a playoff spot with:

1) BAL win + MIA loss + SD loss or tie

MIAMI DOLPHINS

Miami clinches a playoff spot with:

1) MIA win + BAL loss + CIN loss

Valmy

Interesting...who and when are they playing?

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on December 17, 2013, 01:03:51 PM
Interesting...who and when are they playing?

Bengals are at home vs. the Vikings
Baltimore is at home vs. New England
Miami is at Buffalo

Ed Anger

If it is a 1pm game, I might watch Andy Dalton retard it up on the TeeVee.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 17, 2013, 01:10:35 PM
If it is a 1pm game, I might watch Andy Dalton retard it up on the TeeVee.

He's better at home than away.  And if he does tard it up against the Vikings D they might as well just cancel the Ravens game in week 17.