News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

Given Ukraine's position in the early 90s versus now I feel somewhat comfortable in saying Ukraine probably doesn't deserve to exist. They're extremely weak and it's through years of poor government. If Ukraine was even half a country maybe we the West could do something meaningful, but you can't prop up a house made of papier-mâché. I just hope we use the fall of Ukraine as the reason we finally acknowledge Russia as an enemy and start making Poland the new red line instead of Germany in terms of NATO deployments.

OttoVonBismarck

That shit autocorrects on a mobile device hombre.

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

I'm of the opinion that Ukrainian politicians across the board have failed the Ukrainian people. They seem, almost to a man and woman, to have bled their state dry, rather than building it and improving the lives of ordinary people. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: mongers on April 13, 2014, 07:54:47 PM
I'm of the opinion that Ukrainian politicians across the board have failed the Ukrainian people. They seem, almost to a man and woman, to have bled their state dry, rather than building it and improving the lives of ordinary people. 
All politicians try to bleed their states, its just that some states have more blood to give.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

mongers

Quote from: HVC on April 13, 2014, 07:55:22 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 13, 2014, 07:54:47 PM
All politicians try to bleed their states, its just that some states have more blood to give.

I don't know, those politicians have a special talent, I can't think of too many in the West who've managed to become billionaires as a result of holding office.  And as historic GDP figures show, the Ukraine hasn't had a lot of blood to give in the first place.

mongers

Time to transition the Ukraine revolution thread into one more accurately titled ?

With the Security Council going nowhere and the Ukrainians vowing to roll their 'tanks' at 6am this coming morning, will war breakout?

NATO reaction ?

Sheilbh

This thread reminds me a little of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3BO6GP9NMY

I don't know in any seriousness.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Very terse and neutral mini-speech by the Chinese representative.

grumbler

War in the East?  WTF?  Ukraine isn't in the East.  It is in Europe.  If there is a war, it would be "War in Ukraine."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 13, 2014, 08:12:42 PM
This thread reminds me a little of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3BO6GP9NMY

I don't know in any seriousness.

Loved that show, lots of modern news channels don't look dissimilar to it's house style.