News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://en.itar-tass.com/russia/721851

QuoteKIRILLOVSKY TEST RANGE (Leningrad region), March 03. /ITAR-TASS/. President Putin accompanied by Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, troops commander of the Western Military District Anatoly Sidorov and Chief of the head department of combat training of the Russian armed forces Ivan Buvaltsov on Monday have monitored a military exercise held on the Kirillovsky test range in the Leningrad region in the framework of a surprise inspection of combat readiness of troops and ammunition of the Western and Central military districts.

The surprise inspection of troops of the Western and Central military districts, which began on February 26, ends late on March 3. Around 150,000 servicemen, 90 planes, 120 helicopters, 880 tanks, 80 ships all in all took part in the exercise.

More than 1,800 servicemen, 30 tanks, around 20 airborne combat vehicles, five planes and 80 helicopters were involved in the exercise held on the Kirillovsky test range on five scenarios: drills in combat operations and liquidation of a presumed adversary, landing operations by paratroopers on guided parachutes and landing of tactical airborne troops for isolation of a zone of military operations, neutralization of an artillery unit or a logistics supply battalion.

Read also
Moscow informs NATO of surprise inspection of Russian troops
Western and Central commands start massive redeployment
Russia assures US its war games planned in advance, not related to Ukraine
Over 80 combat helicopters redeployed in drills in Russia's Western Military District
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 03, 2014, 11:00:45 AM
Quote from: DGuller on March 03, 2014, 10:57:58 AM
:hmm: How much money and what odds?

Negotiable; even.
What are the conditions?  I propose X number of military personnel killed in hostile engagements within Y days.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on March 03, 2014, 11:01:50 AM
What are the conditions?  I propose X number of military personnel killed in hostile engagements within Y days.

I say at least one member of the military killed by hostile action at any time, the hostile action having commenced by 6:00 AM local time and involving Ukrainian navy in Sevastapol..

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 03, 2014, 11:08:14 AMUkrainian navy

The Interfax blurb said: "Ukrainian forces in Crimea ", which I take to mean any forces.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 03, 2014, 11:08:14 AM
Quote from: DGuller on March 03, 2014, 11:01:50 AM

I say at least one member of the military killed by hostile action at any time, the hostile action having commenced by 6:00 AM local time and involving Ukrainian navy in Sevastapol..
Who wins if Ukrainians surrender?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 03, 2014, 10:50:09 AM
Gotta be a bluff.  A bad bluff.
Agreed. I think he's still trying to get the Ukrainians to shoot first.
Let's bomb Russia!

Malthus

Putin must long for a plausible pretext for his acts.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

Quote from: Malthus on March 03, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

I think he longs for a plausible pretext to go beyond Crimea.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Tamas

Quote from: alfred russel on March 03, 2014, 11:50:45 AM

Yeah, they are already entrenching in Crimea and the majority of the population is with them. No way Ukraine is getting it back.

DGuller

I'm afraid that he's given up on that.  He must realize that the jig is up, that no pretext is going to make it look like anything other than Russian aggression to anyone who's not a brainwashed Russian fascist zombie, and he's fine with that.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on March 03, 2014, 12:00:08 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on March 03, 2014, 11:50:45 AM

Yeah, they are already entrenching in Crimea and the majority of the population is with them. No way Ukraine is getting it back.

I heard an interview of an ethnic Russian teaching English in Crimea say he was very happy the Russian troops were there because he was tired have hearing Ukranian being spoken.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on March 03, 2014, 11:01:42 AM
http://en.itar-tass.com/russia/721851

QuoteKIRILLOVSKY TEST RANGE (Leningrad region), March 03. /ITAR-TASS/. President Putin accompanied by Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, troops commander of the Western Military District Anatoly Sidorov and Chief of the head department of combat training of the Russian armed forces Ivan Buvaltsov on Monday have monitored a military exercise held on the Kirillovsky test range in the Leningrad region in the framework of a surprise inspection of combat readiness of troops and ammunition of the Western and Central military districts.

The surprise inspection of troops of the Western and Central military districts, which began on February 26, ends late on March 3. Around 150,000 servicemen, 90 planes, 120 helicopters, 880 tanks, 80 ships all in all took part in the exercise.

More than 1,800 servicemen, 30 tanks, around 20 airborne combat vehicles, five planes and 80 helicopters were involved in the exercise held on the Kirillovsky test range on five scenarios: drills in combat operations and liquidation of a presumed adversary, landing operations by paratroopers on guided parachutes and landing of tactical airborne troops for isolation of a zone of military operations, neutralization of an artillery unit or a logistics supply battalion.

Read also
Moscow informs NATO of surprise inspection of Russian troops
Western and Central commands start massive redeployment
Russia assures US its war games planned in advance, not related to Ukraine
Over 80 combat helicopters redeployed in drills in Russia's Western Military District

That's alot of Tanks.

The Canadian army has ~150 useless tanks.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tonitrus

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 03, 2014, 12:21:31 PM
But who has more polar bears?

Canada. According to the WWF, World population is 20-25k, 15k are located in Canada.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10672417/Ukraine-live.html

QuoteBREAKING: Our man in Moscow Howard Amos says that the Russian government has denied reports of an ultimatum issued to the Ukraine:

The Russian Defense Ministry has dismissed claims that an ultimatum to surrender has been issued to Ukrainian armed forces in Crimea.
A Defense Ministry spokesperson described the reports of an ultimatum as "complete nonsense," according to Russian business daily Vedomosti.
—Stephen Jay Gould