Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 03, 2014, 10:29:21 AM
Quote from: DGuller on March 03, 2014, 10:28:10 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 03, 2014, 10:22:20 AM
Who exactly is the audience for that statement?  They are repeating crazy propaganda that not even their own people believe.
You'd be amazed at how impressionable some of their own people are, if Internet comments on Russian forums are anything to go by.  Sure, it's almost a certainty that some of the pro-Putin commenters are paid FSB shills/trolls, but they can't all be that.  Besides, once people go into fervor, they abandon even the most basic of bullshit detection.

Shouldn't you be making phone calls right now Comrade?

Time for exfiltration?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Can you guys please stop blowing my cover?  :rolleyes:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Syt

QuoteReuters:

Russia's Black Sea Fleet has told Ukrainian forces in Crimea to surrender by 5 a.m. (0300 GMT) on Tuesday or face a military assault, Interfax news agency quoted a source in the Ukrainian Defence Ministry as saying.

The ultimatum, Interfax said, was issued by Alexander Vitko, the fleet's commander.

The ministry did not immediately confirm the report and there was no immediate comment by the Black Sea Fleet, which has a base in Crimea, where Russian forces are in control.

"If they do not surrender before 5 a.m. tomorrow, a real assault will be started against units and divisions of the armed forces across Crimea," the agency quoted the ministry source as saying.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Gotta be a bluff.  A bad bluff.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

Syt

QuoteThe Reuters report on the Russian ultimatum appears to have originated from Interfax Ukraine - it is NOT confirmed as yet.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 03, 2014, 10:50:09 AM
Gotta be a bluff.  A bad bluff.
I'm not so sure.  It could be that Russians decided on full-scale invasion, realized that they can't wait for valid pretexts to materialize, and decided to just go with naked aggression.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Blueberry and spit on rubles. Yuk.