News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 21, 2014, 09:45:40 AM
I'd be willing to say that for $15 billion.

Well sure but Tamas is making it sound like they are becoming a Russian satellite again.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/21-02-2014/126893-usa_attack_ukraine-0/

QuoteUS subtle attack on Ukraine: Another attack on Christians

Sad day in my life. Grievous day.  I never thought I would see this day. Ukraine is Russia. St Great Prince Vladimir was a pagan and searched for divine truth. He converted to Christianity. In Kiev he led Russians to Christ.  "By sending servants to Constantinople for the Orthodox Faith, you found Christ, the priceless pearl."  I never thought the US would be so proficient and aggressive in trying to overthrow government's especially Christian ones.

Have the protesters in America been locked up or do they love Soros and his swine? Why do they allow their government to spend billions to interfere in other countries that were in peace? In Libya, Egypt and Syria they opened the door for Christians to be martyred and persecuted with the help of Al-Qaeda without one word from the religious leaders in America. They dance in sing in their theaters of worship ignoring their brethren in the East.

The Ukraine turned to Russia and the failure of Soros' Orange revolution are obvious. US ambassador McFaul resigned the day after the American style shooting in Moscow. He succeeded for a while in the overthrow of the Ukraine. He failed in overthrowing Russia and keeping Putin out of office. So now they scream, "From hell's heart I stab at thee", and with one last attempt they pay protesters to riot and stir up their pot of evil.

"Double, Double, Toil and Trouble", says Nuland in a sweet attractive voice. Victoria Nuland, the Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs at the United States Department of State, makes it sound so nice when she spoke last December about helping out the Ukraine with 5 Billion dollars. It's for their independence and freedom she said. Of course it is. A more subtle approach then the Bomb & Missile Diplomacy they usually use. Then again that may be coming. Do they want a war with Russia?

world is not fooled by her intentions and that of Obama. Obama once hid behind Clinton's skirt and now it's Nuland he hides behind. It seems most Americans have been fooled or they would have impeached Soros' puppet long ago. Their taxes went up but they re-elected him. Surely they know of the billions sent to other countries that caused murder, rapes and death. Money that could be used for real health care in their country. Well, since they can pay people to protest in other countries they can pay people not to protest in America.

Perhaps Americans love Soros, traitor to his Jewish people and US citizen?  America is in real danger now. Fear not President Putin who will help the Ukraine. The evil the US has done overseas will not go unpunished. Russia and its neighbors like the Ukraine have seen Christianity rise from the ashes after Communist oppression. God protects nations that serve Him: "I will bless them that bless thee, and curse them that curse thee, and IN THEE shall all the kindred of the earth be blessed" - Genesis 12:3

Xavier Lerma
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Who exactly do they think the target audience of English language Pravda is?  :hmm:

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on February 21, 2014, 09:40:01 AM
Quote from: Tamas on February 21, 2014, 04:56:09 AM
So yeah, say what you will but if Ukraine falls into Russia's arms, Putin will not stop there. He already has his foot in the EU via us.

Really?  The freaking Russians?  After 1849 and 1956 the Hungarians still think it is the Western Europeans and the United States who are their enemy and the Russians who are their friends?  That is hilarious.  How stupid can they be?

"The West is in decline, we need to open up for the East" is the current line of government communication. Yes, that is straight out of communist times. And yes, a lot of people are happy to buy it.

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on February 21, 2014, 09:49:12 AM

Well sure but Tamas is making it sound like they are becoming a Russian satellite again.

Well the deal is suspicious, and there has been a strong pro-Russian turn in the government-supporting press.
Funnily enough, the PM, Orban, designated working with Russia as treason, in 2007. That was because the government of that time agreed to support the Eastern Stream gas pipe network of Russia.

Orban, as part of the nuclear deal, agreed to proceed with the promises made on that, post haste.

It is impossible to interpret this 100% laydown to Putin as anything else than a start on the road of becoming a Russian satellite again.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 21, 2014, 10:23:22 AM
Who exactly do they think the target audience of English language Pravda is?  :hmm:

Some googling reveals quite a few fringe-right US sites timidly cheering this guy's articles.

It feels like the world is upside down, US ultra-conservatives agreeing with Russian propaganda.  :hmm:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on February 21, 2014, 10:32:51 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 21, 2014, 09:49:12 AM

Well the deal is suspicious, and there has been a strong pro-Russian turn in the government-supporting press.
Funnily enough, the PM, Orban, designated working with Russia as treason, in 2007. That was because the government of that time agreed to support the Eastern Stream gas pipe network of Russia.

Orban, as part of the nuclear deal, agreed to proceed with the promises made on that, post haste.

It is impossible to interpret this 100% laydown to Putin as anything else than a start on the road of becoming a Russian satellite again.
Given the economic leverage the EU has over its member states, I don't see how that's possible.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

I agree with Tim.  :huh:

It seems more likely that Russia is desperate, and willing to give $15b for flirting. In the event that Orban wanted to go all the way and put out, all sorts of factors would prevent that.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

QuoteJohn McCain: White House on Ukraine 'stunning'
politico.com

Arizona Sen. John McCain repeated calls for targeted sanctions on Ukraine and slammed the administration for its handling of the U.S.'s relationship with Russia.

"This is the most naive president in history,"
McCain said Thursday on Phoenix radio station KFYI of President Barack Obama, citing both his "flexibility" comments to then-Russian President Dmitry Medvedev as well as the "reset button" on Russian relations.

"The naiveté of Barack Obama and [Secretary of State] John Kerry is stunning,"
the Republican senator said.

He added that Russian President Vladimir Putin has "played us so incredibly."

Following a statement he released Wednesday with Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) calling for targeted sanctions after the recent violence in Ukraine, McCain warned it could escalate.

"This thing could easily spiral out of control into a major international crisis. The first thing we need to do is impose sanctions on those people who are in leadership positions," McCain said.

Specifically attacking Putin — "he's amoral, he's cold, he's distant, he's tough" — McCain said to watch what happens after the Winter Olympics in Sochi end.

"Watch Putin after the Olympics are over. He may try — and I emphasize may — try to have some partition of ... Ukraine," McCain said. "He is committed to keeping Ukraine as part of Russia."

"Putin believes Ukraine is an integral part of Russia. He will not go quietly into the night about when Ukraine moves into the European orbit, so to say," the senator said.

McCain said Ukraine was headed toward joining the European Union before Putin stepped in. He said the U.S. should not get involved militarily, but said it can work in cooperation with European allies by imposing sanctions and "economic pressures" and make it easier for Ukraine to join the EU.

derspiess

Almost forgot about the "flexibility" thing.

LOL I vill transmit that information to Vladimir.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Queequeg

John McCaun would have had us letting our birds fly over Tskhinvali. There is no one whose opinion deserves less weight on the subject.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

derspiess

You say that like it's a bad thing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

You say that like it's comprehensible.

DGuller

Quote from: celedhring on February 21, 2014, 10:33:39 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 21, 2014, 10:23:22 AM

Some googling reveals quite a few fringe-right US sites timidly cheering this guy's articles.

It feels like the world is upside down, US ultra-conservatives agreeing with Russian propaganda.  :hmm:
Yeah, I've seen quite a few on the wacko-right linking to RT articles.  The message coincides on a lot of issues, so why not?

derspiess