RCMP Corporal thinks he should be allowed to smoke pot while in uniform

Started by Barrister, November 28, 2013, 01:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on November 28, 2013, 04:17:09 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 28, 2013, 04:12:39 PM
I understand that part of the argument Malthus.  My point is there is no way for a third party to determine the legitimacy of the treatment.

Not being a doc, I have no idea whether this is true or not. If you are right, insurers are in for a rough ride, once people start "un-disproveably" claiming disability on this basis, and settling down to a life of smoking dope on their dime. 
that would be the same as burn out or other mental diseases, they are hard to prove or disprove.  I guess they require more than one exam before granting benefits.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tonitrus

I've successfully used dry mint leaves (the kind you get at the grocery store) in brownie recipes before, dunno why you couldn't do that with dried pot leaves.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 28, 2013, 06:37:25 PM
I've successfully used dry mint leaves (the kind you get at the grocery store) in brownie recipes before, dunno why you couldn't do that with dried pot leaves.

Its not about the taste  ;)  and I am pretty sure your dry mint leaves also had a low THC content after being baked...

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 28, 2013, 03:27:34 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 28, 2013, 03:23:48 PM
That doesn't answer Iorm's question though as to why the guy just doesn't take THC pills or injections.

How many injections would he have to take in a day?  What are the potential adverse reactions from injecting oneself so many times?

Is there such a thing as "THC pills"?  I dont think so.  If there were that would solve a lot of problems around the issue of the government only allowing pot in dried form atm.

Lastly, if you are in agreement that "THC pills" are ok.  Why not THC brownies?
They gave me an artificial THC pill in the hospital back in 2002 for chemo induced naseau. Sent me over the Moon and I hated every minute of it. Only took it that one time. Why couldn't they make a real THC pill?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on November 28, 2013, 03:31:23 PM
If I recall correctly, THC pills have long been available, but the medical marijuana activists always claimed it didn't work the same way.

Yes, an alternative like Marinol has been around for ages, but nobody likes the side effects--namely, it doesn't get you stoned out of your gourd like a Jamaican musician. 
That's why the "medical marijuana" people are so full of shit.  They're not about THC, they're about sucking on honey bear bongs.  Bullshit hippie fucktards.

garbon

You realize, seeds, that you are on the losing end of that fight.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Iormlund

And rightfully so.

People should get to decide if they want to get high. The state should only object if they are undertaking activities where this would affect others (second hand smoke) or pose a safety hazard (driving, carrying a gun, handling dangerous machinery, etc).

derspiess

Quote from: Iormlund on November 29, 2013, 09:06:34 AM
And rightfully so.

People should get to decide if they want to get high. The state should only object if they are undertaking activities where this would affect others (second hand smoke) or pose a safety hazard (driving, carrying a gun, handling dangerous machinery, etc).

Then Medical MaryJane activists should be honest about what they're actually after. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 29, 2013, 05:34:23 AM
They gave me an artificial THC pill in the hospital back in 2002

Yeah, like I thought, there is no such thing as a THC pill.

fhdz

Quote from: Neil on November 28, 2013, 08:46:13 PM
Do they let cops get medicinally drunk on the job?

Do doctors in your neck of the woods prescribe a lot of whiskey?
and the horse you rode in on

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

fhdz

Quote from: derspiess on November 29, 2013, 09:43:44 AM
Whiskey is a fine medicine :angry:

Concur. I can't seem to find a sawbones who'll prescribe it for me though :(
and the horse you rode in on

The Brain

The only thing odd is that the organization's drug and alcohol policy lets people work while on drugs.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess