RCMP Corporal thinks he should be allowed to smoke pot while in uniform

Started by Barrister, November 28, 2013, 01:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 02, 2013, 02:34:09 PM
fyi, a constitutional challenge was filed on Friday regarding the restrictions in the new medical pot regulations.  Part of what is being challenged is that it is now only legal to obtain the drug in dried form which will require smoking rather than other delivery methods.

Heh, I sat in on a meeting with a senior partner I often work with and a business group wanting to get a licence and start in this area. The partner's assessment was brutal but I think accurate: you have to have very deep pockets already to even dream of starting up in this area. The federal 'crats hate hate hate this new system, they coinsider most applicants for licences who are not already established pharma companies scumbags, and you can expect (a) few licences will be granted to anyone not already established, (b) to get one you will have to prove you have all sorts of expensive anti-diversion systems in place that generally only the established players can afford,  (c) you will be inspected and audited frequently, and (d) the slightest hint of diversion and your licence will be revoked, with criminal charges all around as an appetizer.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

I think that is a very accurate assessment.  It is also at the heart of this challenge - very few entities will be licenced to grow and distribute the pot driving up cost and creating an unacceptable shortfall in product which will cause those in the position of the nominee plaintiffs to have to violate the law to grow their own or have loved ones grow on their behalf.

My own view is that the law will be stuck as a pretty obvious attempt to make access to medical pot unworkable.

However, on my last trip to California I saw the other extreme where there was a store front every 100 meters or so advertising a medical pot consultation to see if you qualified for a presecription which they were fully able to prescribe and supply on the spot.

Some balance will have to be struck and it will be interesting to see where the court strikes it.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 02, 2013, 03:51:48 PM
However, on my last trip to California I saw the other extreme where there was a store front every 100 meters or so advertising a medical pot consultation to see if you qualified for a presecription which they were fully able to prescribe and supply on the spot.

Where was this?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on December 02, 2013, 03:57:47 PM

Where was this?

Losing touch with the old country? :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on December 02, 2013, 04:04:39 PM

Where was this?

Losing touch with the old country? :(

I'm there several times a year. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Where was this?

I was staying in Marina Del Rey.  Walking along new upscale shopping and restaurant in the Abbot Kinney area there were pot shops in every block (on both sides of the street).  They were even more concentrated on the walk along Venice Beach up to Santa Monica.  The funny part was nearer to Marina Del Rey the consultations cost 40 bucks.  As one got closer to Muscle Beach the price dropped to 20 bucks.