Main Menu

NFL Week 13: Here's your goddamn NFL thread

Started by CountDeMoney, November 28, 2013, 01:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2013, 01:31:07 PM
for Super Bowl XXII.

:bleeding:

Bernie's Browns would've torched Dougie Fresh.  DAMN YOU JEREMIAH CASTILLE DAMN YOU TO HELL

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2013, 01:31:07 PM
For that kind of money that better include the time machine and premium seats for Super Bowl XXII.

There's some sort of pregame party on a yacht with Archie Manning speaking about one thing or another, and various "NFL Alumni" guests. 

Neil

ESPN pregame had an adorable story about a 4-year old girl who knew every player, their number and their position on the Seahawks.  Super cute.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on December 02, 2013, 08:31:59 PM
Uh, oh.  Neil's getting soft :unsure:
What makes you say that?  I can be kind to children, so long as they share my interests.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 02, 2013, 11:08:02 AM
I think I just need Beast Mode to get off the team bus tonight in order to win the week in LFFL against Teh Burgermakers.  Hopefully he'll put up some points for a change.

I grow increasingly annoyed at Pete Carroll's willful disregard of the concept of running the ball, in turn wasting the talents of one of the NFL's best workhorse running backs.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

citizen k

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 02, 2013, 11:54:08 PM
I think I just need Beast Mode to get off the team bus tonight in order to win the week in LFFL against Teh Burgermakers.  Hopefully he'll put up some points for a change.

I grow increasingly annoyed at Pete Carroll's willful disregard of the concept of running the ball, in turn wasting the talents of one of the NFL's best workhorse running backs.

Lynch ran for 45 yds, Wilson...47.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

11B4V

It would appear the SeaChickens are doing rather well this year.  <_<
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

citizen k

Baldwin said Seattle saw a specific blitz package from the Saints on film and that the Seahawks knew they would have chances to go downfield.
"We wanted to be great against the blitz," Wilson said. " ... We knew they were going to bring some pressure and we like the sense of pressure because there is a lot of green grass behind it."
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=331202026

The Minsky Moment

Running the ball is obsolete, thank the NFL rules committee for that.

Lynch YPC - 4.3
Wilson Y/A - 8.8
Outside of situational short yardage carries, the only reason to run is to keep the defense honest.
(note that Seahawks lead conference in carries - that does include Wilson however)
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 03, 2013, 02:46:38 PM
Running the ball is obsolete, thank the NFL rules committee for that.

"We're going to use the pass to set up the pass."

If only Don Coryell were alive to see it now.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive