News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 13: Here's your goddamn NFL thread

Started by CountDeMoney, November 28, 2013, 01:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 29, 2013, 12:26:23 AM
You should've seen the footage of the big grin on his face afterwards, too.

Of course it doesn't get called.  It's all about NFL Properties, and NFL Properties has a vested financial interest in the Pittsburgh Steelers making the playoffs whenever possible

You fuckers think I'm insane, and that's OK.  But I'll just keep rolling out the evidence, and you people can just keep ignoring it.

Yep, the Steelers get away with all kinds of shit... oh wait:

Mike Tomlin incident might cost Steelers a draft pick]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000290187/article/mike-tomlin-incident-might-cost-steelers-a-draft-pick]Mike Tomlin incident might cost Steelers a draft pick

Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin came wicked close to hitting kick returner Jacoby Jones on Thanksgiving night.

The Baltimore Ravens took the incident in stride after the game -- likely because they still won despite the suspect move by Tomlin.

Pittsburgh likely won't be able to laugh off the error.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday on NFL Network's "NFL GameDay Morning" that Tomlin and the Steelers each face a fine, as well as the possible loss of a draft pick for the sideline incident, according to league sources.

Tomlin was recently added to the competition committee, and the league will take that into consideration when it decides how hard to come down on the Steelers, according to Rapoport.

Another possible factor will be the weekly video sent to coaches by head of officiating Dean Blandino. Rapoport reported that this week's video, sent Wednesday, included a play in which the Jets were penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct for having personnel in the white area of the sideline, per a league source.

Fox's Jay Glazer first reported on the weekly video.

The NFL has not reviewed the entire tape, which likely will be done Monday. The league no doubt understands that the play would have been a much bigger issue if the Steelers won the game.

It's difficult to determine Tomlin's intent, but the NFL might decide to make an example of the Steelers in an effort to underscore to other coaches that they better be aware of where they stand during games.

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 01, 2013, 06:15:07 PM
You and Seedy have father figure issues.

It wasn't just cold at New England, it was crazy windy.
I was actually thinking about last year's divisional game.  And you know, all those playoff games through all those years where he was less than spectacular outside.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

I would be surprised if they take a pick from the Steelers.  I'm sure there'll be a big fine to keep coaches from thinking they can get away with this.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on December 01, 2013, 06:53:16 PM

I'll believe it when I see it.  Until then, it's all conjecture.  Just ask the Seahawks.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 01, 2013, 07:51:44 PM
Who Dey.

More like, "Why Dey", as in, "Why Dey Ain't Choke Yet, It's December Already."

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 01, 2013, 07:52:39 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on December 01, 2013, 06:53:16 PM

I'll believe it when I see it.  Until then, it's all conjecture.  Just ask the Seahawks.
Or the Cardinals.  Or any of the other teams that have gotten screwed over by the refs on behalf of the Steelers.  Fines are nothing compared to on the field equality in penalties and calls.  Hell, they don't even typically get suspensions, no matter how many intentional concussions and other injuries they hand out.  I really believe that monetary fines are ultimately worthless in terms of any real impact.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 01, 2013, 10:23:55 PM
I coughed up a lung and passed out at the start of the game.

Probably wearing your Bengals snuggie.

CountDeMoney

Ed was too busy watching the Browns, as he is wont to do when nobody's around.

See, BA...all the Brownies need is a little more talent at the skill positions.  They're going in the right direction.  Let's just hope Joe Haden doesn't go on a shooting spree first.

Ed Anger

Actually, I did watch the Brownies. More entertaining than I thought it would be.

Saturday's day of awesome football drained me.

CountDeMoney

You see the video from the OSU team bus as they were watching the end of the Ala-Aub game?

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 01, 2013, 10:34:39 PM
You see the video from the OSU team bus as they were watching the end of the Ala-Aub game?

Yeah.  :lol: