NCAA Hoops 2013

Started by PDH, November 09, 2013, 06:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

I can't get my head around that.

PDH

Quote from: sbr on May 04, 2014, 08:09:50 PM

Yeah, a Swedish NCAA player is kinda strange.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on May 04, 2014, 07:31:33 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 04, 2014, 07:29:37 PM
Wyoming has Summer Government. 12 divisions arrive in Laramie.

Jesus, we only have 3 supermarkets.  I hope they brought their own food.

Fortunately you have plenty of METH
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on May 04, 2014, 09:10:25 PM
Quote from: PDH on May 04, 2014, 07:31:33 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 04, 2014, 07:29:37 PM
Wyoming has Summer Government. 12 divisions arrive in Laramie.

Jesus, we only have 3 supermarkets.  I hope they brought their own food.

Fortunately you have plenty of METH

:(  they stopped playing that ad last season.  No wonder the (real) Pokes sucked.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

crazy canuck

Quote from: PDH on May 04, 2014, 09:07:59 PM
Quote from: sbr on May 04, 2014, 08:09:50 PM

Yeah, a Swedish NCAA player is kinda strange.

One of the reasons it is so rare is that the pro leagues in Europe pay a fair amount and so a good player in a European club system has a difficult choice to make - play pro now or hope that playing for nothing in the US college system will improve his chances of getting to the NBA - although look where he ended up play - probably doing it for the education    :)

I know someone in Denmark who is about to make that choice. He stayed with us as a billet when he was 14 when the Danish Junior nationals came on a tour.  He is now 18 and very highly recruited in Europe.  He will probably stay in the pro leagues in Europe and try to come to the attention of NBA scouts that way.

PDH

This kid has been in the US for a few years, he just finished prep school in Kansas.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

crazy canuck

Quote from: PDH on May 05, 2014, 11:14:21 AM
This kid has been in the US for a few years, he just finished prep school in Kansas.

That explains it then.  Not good enough for the pro leagues in Europe  :P