News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Hoops 2013

Started by PDH, November 09, 2013, 06:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: sbr on March 20, 2014, 04:01:20 PM
I just noticed SDSU and NMSU play each other in the first round.  At least that means I will have at least one team in the second round.

Your pal's got at least one- Harvard.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Goddamn Texas, give me a heart attack, whydontcha.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Seriously.  Way to make it way too close.  Hook'em, regardless #billinsintonlives4evah
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 20, 2014, 11:03:41 PM
Seriously.  Way to make it way too close.  Hook'em, regardless #billinsintonlives4evah

That game so perfectly summed up everything right and wrong with the Barnes era.  A game Texas should have won easily derailed by Barnes' inept offensive strategy but won anyway due to his team's trademark mental toughness, rebounding, and defense.

I got home from lab last night at 10:30 and David was still up so we watched the last two minutes of the game together.  It was amazing I don't think I will be forgetting that for awhile. :wub: :punk:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on March 21, 2014, 01:41:10 PM
DOOOKIES BABEEEEE!!

I think a bunch of people just got their brackets wrecked.

OTOH, this makes the Midwest a much friendlier region for the remaining teams.  For Michigan, this is great stuff; Duke was probably the toughest matchup for them in the region.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on March 21, 2014, 01:47:43 PM
OTOH, this makes the Midwest a much friendlier region for the remaining teams.  For Michigan, this is great stuff; Duke was probably the toughest matchup for them in the region.

Pity the mighty Texas frontcourt will make them unable to take advantage :console:

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on March 21, 2014, 02:04:33 PM
Quote from: grumbler on March 21, 2014, 01:47:43 PM

Pity the mighty Texas frontcourt will make them unable to take advantage :console:
Here's Brian Cook's preview on MGoBlog:  http://mgoblog.com/content/tourney-preview-texas#comments  Unless Taylor gets hot for you guys, I like Michigan's chances in this matchup very much.  Texas has a marginally better defense than Michigan and Michigan has a vastly superior offense.

Refereeing will make a difference, as well.  Texas is used to getting to the line (44% FTA/FGA) while Michigan is used to seldom sending opponents to the line (27% opponent FTA/FGA).  If the refs call a very tight game, that will help Texas a bunch, even if they are significantly worse at making free throws.

So, it is a matchup of opposites, in many ways.  Should be a good game.  These two schools don't play each other as often as they should, in all sports.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on March 21, 2014, 02:27:41 PM
Texas has a marginally better defense than Michigan and Michigan has a vastly superior offense.

Yeah this team does not really do offense.  It is all about rebounding and defense.  Texas has few good offensive players and those it does have Barnes misuses, but then Barnes could misuse Kevin Durant.

By the way that is an awesome preview article.  I wish that dude wrote on all Texas games.

Grey Fox

Lets go NM!

:(
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

:hmm:  As someone on the Duke loss thread pointed out, Mercer just laid out a road map for Texas on how to beat Michigan.  Texas isn't unlike Mercer, and Michigan is very much like Duke.  maybe I shouldn't be as happy about the Duke outcome as I am.  But, really... FUCK DUKE.

Bayraktar!

Berkut

I for one was very dissapointed in that outcome and feel badly for Coach K, who deserves better players who will play harder and with better sportsmanship, integrity, and skill so he can garner the accolades, attention, adulation, and financial rewards he so clearly deserves as one of the greatest human to ever live, much less coach basketball.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on March 21, 2014, 05:02:12 PM
I for one was very dissapointed in that outcome and feel badly for Coach K, who deserves better players who will play harder and with better sportsmanship, integrity, and skill so he can garner the accolades, attention, adulation, and financial rewards he so clearly deserves as one of the greatest human to ever live, much less coach basketball.

My sarcasm meter just exploded.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on March 21, 2014, 01:41:10 PM
DOOOKIES BABEEEEE!!

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of brackets suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Berkut on March 21, 2014, 05:02:12 PM

I wasn't disappointed at all. Your average Duke grad is smarter than I am. He is probably making more money than I am. People will give him more respect than me based on where we went to school. I couldn't get into Duke. His basketball team is consistently better than mine, his even his football team is better at the moment.

But at least for today, something didn't go his way, and that makes me happy.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014