News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Hoops 2013

Started by PDH, November 09, 2013, 06:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 10, 2014, 04:47:36 PM
If Stauskas wins it I would be very happy.  He has put in a lot of work to improve his game.

He also seems to be enjoying himself much more this year.  He's got the perfect amount of swag - not cocky, but not afraid to indicate to opposing fans at the end of games how much he enjoyed their attempts to get his goat.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 10, 2014, 04:38:05 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 10, 2014, 04:30:12 PM
Canadians dominate the Big 12 winning player of the year and Freshman of the year.

But not coach of the year! :punk:

Also not top scorer :contract:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

If Stauskas wins it I would be very happy.  He has put in a lot of work to improve his game.

And he does.  Unanimous selection.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on March 10, 2014, 07:47:44 PM

And he does.  Unanimous selection.

:yeah:

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 10, 2014, 05:00:39 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 10, 2014, 04:38:05 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 10, 2014, 04:30:12 PM
Canadians dominate the Big 12 winning player of the year and Freshman of the year.

But not coach of the year! :punk:

Also not top scorer :contract:

By the way it shall be 'Neers vs. Steers in the second round of the Big 12 Tournament.  May the third time not be the charm.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 10, 2014, 08:25:52 PM
By the way it shall be 'Neers vs. Steers in the second round of the Big 12 Tournament.  May the third time not be the charm.

:lol:  It won't.  WVU likes to do a first half surge and then fall apart in the last 5 minutes of the game.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Also my alma mater Delaware will be Dancing!!  Joe Lunardi has them playing SDSU, which has a rich history of choking in the first round.  It'll most likely be against some other team, but I'd take SDSU :)

PDH

Quote from: derspiess on March 11, 2014, 08:44:02 AM
Also my alma mater Delaware will be Dancing!!  Joe Lunardi has them playing SDSU, which has a rich history of choking in the first round.  It'll most likely be against some other team, but I'd take SDSU :)

The University of Wyoming 1943 NCAA team has more wins in the Tournament than SDSU has all time.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: PDH on March 11, 2014, 08:49:12 AM
The University of Wyoming 1943 NCAA team has more wins in the Tournament than SDSU has all time.
Actually, no.  They tied with three wins that year versus three SDSU wins total.  The NCAA tournament was a lot smaller in 1943 (8 teams).

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Bah they never would have won in 1943 if Texas had been there.

Wait...Texas was there?  Damn.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Texas sucks. Bill in Sinton has abandoned you.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: grumbler on March 11, 2014, 09:53:05 AM
Actually, no.  They tied with three wins that year versus three SDSU wins total.  The NCAA tournament was a lot smaller in 1943 (8 teams).

Ok, I will add in the Red Cross game against St Johns (winners of the NIT) then too.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: PDH on March 11, 2014, 10:23:27 AM
Ok, I will add in the Red Cross game against St Johns (winners of the NIT) then too.

Wow!  Your guys were busy while our guys were out of the country defeating the Axis powers!

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

GM Steve Nash Is Building a Canadian Basketball Powerhouse

Interview from Grantland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I68PYQ7cAp8