News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Hoops 2013

Started by PDH, November 09, 2013, 06:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: sbr on March 08, 2014, 08:21:18 PM
Woo Hoo!! Suck it Berkut and the Wildcats!! Go Ducks!!

[spoiler]I had no idea this game was even happening until I saw the final score on the Yahoo page. [/spoiler]

It is a crushing defeat. Arizona is going to fall from the overall #1 seed to the overall #1 seed, and will likely still be stuck with the #1 seed in the West as a result of this loss...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

sbr

Quote from: Berkut on March 08, 2014, 08:33:08 PM

[spoiler]I had no idea this game was even happening until I saw the final score on the Yahoo page. [/spoiler]

It is a crushing defeat. Arizona is going to fall from the overall #1 seed to the overall #1 seed, and will likely still be stuck with the #1 seed in the West as a result of this loss...

:P  That win should put Oregon in the tournament almost locks up a first round loss.

Berkut

The Pac-12 is going to have a lot of teams in the tournament...

0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on March 08, 2014, 08:48:20 PM
The PacBig-12 is going to have a lot of teams in the tournament... 

FYP.  The Big 12 has kinda surprised me this year.  Lots of teams that are usually pretty mediocre really took fire this year, and the conference had enormous depth.  I am curious to see if they can keep it up.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on March 08, 2014, 08:33:08 PM

You may be right but the Arizona offence looked like it was back to its bad early days of having no flow and essentially just waiting for the big kid to go 1 on 5.  Still liked the intensity but that was a poorly played game that made the Ducks look good.

derspiess

So my Blue Hens are playing tonight for a spot in the Big Dance-- would be their first trip in 15 years.

WVU looks solidly NIT-bound after beating Kansas at home (Wiggins was about as entertaining to watch in that game as was the WVU win itself).  If they can somehow pull off an upset against Texas I'd say they would deserve at least mention for an NCAA tourney spot.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on March 10, 2014, 11:42:41 AM
So my Blue Hens are playing tonight for a spot in the Big Dance

You should teach us their fight song like the guy in the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial.

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 10, 2014, 11:44:42 AM
Quote from: derspiess on March 10, 2014, 11:42:41 AM
So my Blue Hens are playing tonight for a spot in the Big Dance

You should teach us their fight song like the guy in the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial.

:lol: 

Okay, here it is:

https://www.udel.edu/includes1/audio/UDFightSong.mp3

I don't remember any of the words, but the song has obvious parts where "De-la-WARE" would be sung.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Wright State is in the Horizon League finals.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Seems like barring a miracle Huskies will miss out on Tourney for third straight year.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Arizona sweeps the Pac-12 conference honors:

Sean Miller: Coach of the Year
Nick Johnson: Player of the Year
Aaron Gordon: Freshman of the Year.

Second time ever in conference history. Last time was in 1988-89, when it was Olson, Jason Terry, and Michael Wright.

0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Canadians dominate the Big 12 winning player of the year and Freshman of the year.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 10, 2014, 04:30:12 PM
Canadians dominate the Big 12 winning player of the year and Freshman of the year.

But not coach of the year! :punk:

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 10, 2014, 04:30:12 PM
They'll probably get (and should get) the Big Ten POY as well...
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

If Stauskas wins it I would be very happy.  He has put in a lot of work to improve his game.