News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obamacare and you

Started by Jacob, September 25, 2013, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the impact of Obamacare for you (and your family)? Assuming it doesn't get defunded or delayed, of course...

I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
9 (14.1%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
5 (7.8%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
6 (9.4%)
My state is embracing Obamacare, but I have no clue how it will impact me personally.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
0 (0%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
7 (10.9%)
My state is rejecting Obamacare and I have no idea how Obamacare is going to impact me.
1 (1.6%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me, but I'm watching how the whole thing plays out with interest.
20 (31.3%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me and frankly I don't care.
8 (12.5%)
Some other option because the previous 10 were not enough...
6 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Neil

I don't think it's that crazy.  Evil people will do evil things.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

So the vote from my extended family is in. My one uncle loves it as his healthcare costs have gone down. Everyone else in my family hates as they have seen their healthcare costs increase.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 03, 2013, 04:16:25 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 03, 2013, 02:29:37 PM
Dude, no way shutting down the government and sending home all the Fed IT people right at rollout time for over two weeks would ever impact a project of that scale, and to think it was nothing more than mere coincidence is feeding into the paranoia.

To think it was anything more than coincidence right after bruising hearings during which the Secretary of Health and Human Services had all the opportunity in the world to inform Congress that the problem was due, even in part, to the government shutdown but chose instead to say she had been informed by her team that it was all ready to go, is a desperate attempt to deflect criticism and reassign blame.

That's too rational.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on November 03, 2013, 10:44:06 AM
Doesn't it just show how weak the Dems are. Perhaps we should avoid them. :)

The Dems are totally worthless.  But this has been true for probably 20 years now.

The sad part is the Republicans might just be worse.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 03, 2013, 02:19:49 PM
Quote from: grumbler on November 03, 2013, 01:42:53 PM

To be fair, Obama is no different from Bush in that regard.  Dubya and the shrubbery always blamed the Democrats for their own blunders, just as Democrats now blame Republicans.

Meh, with Dubya's administration, there was always the insinuation that any Democratic resistance to policy was unpatriotic, and that the terrorists would win.

The difference is this actually worked and often the Democrats would cave. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

CountDeMoney

How much of a deductible do you pay for those bedsheets you stick your dick through?

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on November 03, 2013, 08:50:36 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 03, 2013, 10:44:06 AM
Doesn't it just show how weak the Dems are. Perhaps we should avoid them. :)

The Dems are totally worthless.  But this has been true for probably 20 years now.

The sad part is the Republicans might just be worse.

:bleeding:  Yep, you can't ever just criticize the Dems without also slamming the GOP, can you?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on November 03, 2013, 10:15:34 PM
:bleeding:  Yep, you can't ever just criticize the Dems without also slamming the GOP, can you?

Any particular reason I should be showing the GOP any deference?  What have they done to earn it?

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on November 03, 2013, 10:22:04 PM

Any particular reason I should be showing the GOP any deference?  What have they done to earn it?

Not at all.  Just seems like on the other hand you're okay criticizing the GOP without feeling a need to slam the Dems.  It's okay if you're left of center-- just own up to it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on November 03, 2013, 10:30:31 PM
Not at all.  Just seems like on the other hand you're okay criticizing the GOP without feeling a need to slam the Dems.  It's okay if you're left of center-- just own up to it.

The Republicans have been acting worse, at least since Obama's been in power. Probably an integral part of being the opposition.

Anyway you should wait until he actually praises the Dems for something.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on November 03, 2013, 10:30:31 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 03, 2013, 10:22:04 PM

I think your center is off.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 03, 2013, 11:01:21 PM

Ah, but that's not the Languish Way.  Dems aren't overtly praised so much-- the GOP just gets demonized no matter what it does.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on November 03, 2013, 11:07:59 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 03, 2013, 11:01:21 PM

Ah, but that's not the Languish Way.  Dems aren't overtly praised so much-- the GOP just gets demonized no matter what it does.

Maybe it should try to do different things.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017