The Government Shutdown Countdown Lowdown MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, September 17, 2013, 09:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Lol, that's right, Xiacob, keep getting your news from Yi.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 30, 2013, 02:30:38 PM

A prediction is not news, you dimwit.

CountDeMoney

garbon

:yes:

The US is just going to disband on the 17th - so better move quick to where you want to be living for the next couple years.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

Was that Russian guy right hwne he predicted the breakup of the US???
PDH!

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 30, 2013, 02:32:42 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 30, 2013, 02:30:38 PM

A prediction is not news, you dimwit.

Looks like a shutdown is going to happen...

Darth Wagtaros

I'm going on vacation in two weeks to DC.  This hd better be over by then.
PDH!

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on September 30, 2013, 04:13:02 PM
Looks like a shutdown is going to happen...

Yeah.  I don't know who Yi's "they" is when he says " they've already signaled that the government is not going to shut down," but "they" obviously are not very well-connected to Congress.

This really is one of the most astonishing cases of cowardly leadership I have ever seen.  I thought Pelosi was about as bad a Speaker as it was possible to be, but Boehner makes her look like a cross between Einstein and MLK Jr.  When he finally gets kicked out of this job, Boehner is going to have to start giving elephants blow jobs at a nickle a herd to get some self-respect back.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

I like Boehner and I think he's one of the few Republicans who would go for a deal (on most subjects) unfortunately the party are just very extreme now. Herding cats doesn't even cover the difficulty any leader would have dragging them to a reasonable position.

It probably doesn't help that, from what I can tell, there are so many peacocks around the House Republicans, preening to become Speaker once they decide to dump Boehner.

I keep on thinking some sense will get through but the GOP really look like Labour in the 80s :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

I think that if Boehner had any self-respect, he would have resigned as Speaker rather than be a party to pushing the agenda of the extremists in his party.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

FunkMonk

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 30, 2013, 04:51:57 PM
This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.
My God, he's going to start a war.
PDH!