NFL Week 1: The Official 1st Thread of NFL Week MegaThreads

Started by CountDeMoney, September 05, 2013, 05:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on September 08, 2013, 11:00:54 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 08, 2013, 01:00:36 PM
Wow, that was a weird one by AJ Green.  Normally he's pretty surehanded.

Bungles beat themselves today.  Possibly more frustrating than anything else was the stupid-ass penalty Dre Kirkpatrick committed that late in the 2nd quarter that set up a Bears field goal.  The screaming on the sidelines after that one was: interesting.

On my drive back home up until I reached Indianapolis, all I could get on the radio was Bears postgame shows-- apparently Jay Cutler won the game singlehandedly :huh:

Slap Andy Dalton for me.

Just for looking retarded on the sidelines after he threw that pick six.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: dps on September 09, 2013, 05:28:32 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 08, 2013, 11:26:01 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 08, 2013, 11:10:57 PM
There was a lot of goofy shit this week.  I don't know if it's the soft CBA or what, but teams just don't seem ready in week 1 anymore.

Yeah, for a while there were two games where one team had just 2 points.

I'm not sure I've ever even heard of a team taking a safety on the opening kickoff before.
How did that happen?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 09, 2013, 06:23:31 AM
There was a lot of goofy shit this week.  I don't know if it's the soft CBA or what, but teams just don't seem ready in week 1 anymore.

I'm not sure I've ever even heard of a team taking a safety on the opening kickoff before.
How did that happen?

Caught the ball at the 1 yard line, kneeled in the end zone.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on September 09, 2013, 12:38:05 AM
And I would trade it for Pouncey not being out for the season. :P

ACL and MCL.  And I thought Jacoby Jones' friendly fire injury was stupid bad.  He was the only one there to chop block.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 09, 2013, 06:18:41 AM
Slap Andy Dalton for me.

Well, technically it wasn't a pick six because Tillman was down by contact.  But yeah, it was a gimme TD for the Bears.

I wanted to slap AJ for the bobbled pass that turned into an INT, and then Sanu for fumbling on what should have been a gimme score for us.

Dre Kirkpatrick has disappointed me most of all.  YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

KRonn

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 08, 2013, 11:23:46 PM
Not quite sure what to make of that performance by the Pats. The running games remains strong, but Brady's options are sparse. Brady's chemistry with Amendola was good, but his ability to stay healthy is certainly questionable. Aside from that he only has Edelman and the hope of Gronk coming back and staying healthy.
Yeah, the running game is good but passing game is a bit weak right now. The Pats receiver corp is supposedly very good, maybe among one of the better groups they've had for a while.  As they and Brady play together more then there's good hope. At least I hope so because we've seen before good receivers come to the team but aren't able to produce.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 09, 2013, 07:11:04 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 09, 2013, 06:23:31 AM

How did that happen?

It was more like he had one foot on the goal line with his toes barely over it.  Don't be misrepresentin' what my boy Reynaud did.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 09, 2013, 08:41:15 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 09, 2013, 07:11:04 AM

It was more like he had one foot on the goal line with his toes barely over it.  Don't be misrepresentin' what my boy Reynaud did.

Yeah, he had his toe on the goal line . Not the first time somebody forgot where they were on a kick off return.  I think it was against the Bengals that Eric Metcalf thought he was in the end zone, and kneeled on the 8 yard line on a kick off.  Eric got blasted.  :lol:

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on September 09, 2013, 08:13:52 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 09, 2013, 06:18:41 AM
Slap Andy Dalton for me.

Well, technically it wasn't a pick six because Tillman was down by contact.  But yeah, it was a gimme TD for the Bears.

I wanted to slap AJ for the bobbled pass that turned into an INT, and then Sanu for fumbling on what should have been a gimme score for us.

Dre Kirkpatrick has disappointed me most of all.  YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE

I turned the game off after Tillman snatched it. I JUST CAN'T TAKE THIS SHIT ANYMORE

CountDeMoney

You deserve the Bungles you get, Ed.  One of the these days, you'll figure it out.

Ed Anger

Between the bungles and AJ Hawk cutting his hair, the NFL is pissing me off.

crazy canuck

My last words of advice to my younger son as he was about to do his fantasy picks with his friends:

CC: Whatever you do make sure you take Peyton Manning

CC Jr:   :rolleyes:

CC: about one week later.  :showoff: :P

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

citizen k

CountDeMoney

I don't believe RG3 and Vick are supposed to occupy the same space, or something would happen to the time-space continuum.