NFL Week 1: The Official 1st Thread of NFL Week MegaThreads

Started by CountDeMoney, September 05, 2013, 05:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Shot of the owner's box:  I wonder if Chris Christie has considered squeezing Jerry Jones so hard it'll pop all his plastic surgery tonight.  I bet he has.

MadBurgerMaker

CountDeMoney

MadBurgerMaker

:lol:  Oh right

Another  :lol::  Did you hear Collinsworth on that last "pass" Eli just threw?  The left handed shovel type thing while getting tackled?  This super bored "Look out"

Neil

See, either way we all win.  This way, the Cowboy fans will think that their team is good, and the tears later on will be delicious.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Oh shit that ball was just laying there

E:  I don't know about seconds, Chris, but it was bouncing there just begging to be picked up by the nearest Giants player.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on September 08, 2013, 01:00:36 PM
Wow, that was a weird one by AJ Green.  Normally he's pretty surehanded.

Bungles beat themselves today.  Possibly more frustrating than anything else was the stupid-ass penalty Dre Kirkpatrick committed that late in the 2nd quarter that set up a Bears field goal.  The screaming on the sidelines after that one was: interesting.

On my drive back home up until I reached Indianapolis, all I could get on the radio was Bears postgame shows-- apparently Jay Cutler won the game singlehandedly :huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

There was a lot of goofy shit this week.  I don't know if it's the soft CBA or what, but teams just don't seem ready in week 1 anymore.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

All 4 AFC North teams lost this week.  The Bengals were close, and the Ravens just had one titanically bad quarter, but the Steelers were just terrible for 60 minutes and the Browns were the same old Browns.

jimmy olsen

Not quite sure what to make of that performance by the Pats. The running games remains strong, but Brady's options are sparse. Brady's chemistry with Amendola was good, but his ability to stay healthy is certainly questionable. Aside from that he only has Edelman and the hope of Gronk coming back and staying healthy.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on September 08, 2013, 11:10:57 PM
There was a lot of goofy shit this week.  I don't know if it's the soft CBA or what, but teams just don't seem ready in week 1 anymore.

Yeah, for a while there were two games where one team had just 2 points.

If they were to shorten pre-season as has been discussed, it would take that much longer for teams to get into their groove.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Anyway, as disappointing as the loss was, and as much as I hated having to drive through Indiana so much the past two days, it was a pretty cool experience.  The current version of Soldier Field looks from the outside like a big UFO landed on the old Soldier Field.  I've never really been a Bears fan, but I respect their tradition and I wish the Bengals could draw a crowd that loud and loyal.  Pretty solid stadium experience.

Syt

Quote from: Neil on September 08, 2013, 11:20:55 PM
All 4 AFC North teams lost this week.

Which is about the most positive thing from a Steelers perspective. And I would trade it for Pouncey not being out for the season. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

dps

Quote from: derspiess on September 08, 2013, 11:26:01 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 08, 2013, 11:10:57 PM

Yeah, for a while there were two games where one team had just 2 points.

I'm not sure I've ever even heard of a team taking a safety on the opening kickoff before.