News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Cologne Thread

Started by Caliga, August 09, 2013, 11:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 09, 2013, 12:05:31 PMI enjoy the scent of a woman.  Why a man would want to wear perfume is beyond me.

It might be cultural.  Most men here do not use cologne,  at least in my age demographic, and so I usually associate the smell of cologne with guys who are compensating.

That's probably reading more into it than there is; though without a doubt there are some people - men and women - who wear perfume in an obnoxious fashion.

IMO, you should only be able to smell someone's perfume if you are in very close physical proximity (i.e. when you'd enjoy the scent of a woman, even if she wasn't wearing perfume) or very very briefly in passing.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on August 09, 2013, 11:53:46 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on August 09, 2013, 11:51:37 AM
Try sex panther. It is made with bits of real panther, so you know it is good.
Tried it.  It smells like a diaper full of Indian food. :(

I thought it smelled like Bigfoot's dick.

er... I mean, what they say Bigfoot's dick smells like.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on August 09, 2013, 12:15:29 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 09, 2013, 12:05:31 PMI enjoy the scent of a woman.  Why a man would want to wear perfume is beyond me.

It might be cultural.  Most men here do not use cologne,  at least in my age demographic, and so I usually associate the smell of cologne with guys who are compensating.

That's probably reading more into it than there is; though without a doubt there are some people - men and women - who wear perfume in an obnoxious fashion.

IMO, you should only be able to smell someone's perfume if you are in very close physical proximity (i.e. when you'd enjoy the scent of a woman, even if she wasn't wearing perfume) or very very briefly in passing.

That probably has something to do with it.  Whenever I smell the cologne it is being used by someone that is wearing way too much of it - hence the reason I can smell it.

MadBurgerMaker

AXE BODY SPRAY BABY

(real answer: Brooks Bros. Classic)

Syt

I use an odorless deodorant and when I feel fancy I use Fahrenheit.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

My natural scent attracts the females.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on August 09, 2013, 11:42:10 AM
Chanel Allure
I took this online quiz thing (I think it was at Macy's website) and it told me this is the cologne that would "suit me best". :bowler:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on August 09, 2013, 12:50:40 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 09, 2013, 11:42:10 AM
Chanel Allure
I took this online quiz thing (I think it was at Macy's website) and it told me this is the cologne that would "suit me best". :bowler:

Well, there you go.  Who is to argue with a Macy's quiz??
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

I suggested to Princesca that we swing by Sephora this weekend and she called me a homo. :cry:

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on August 09, 2013, 01:00:11 PM
I suggested to Princesca that we swing by Sephora this weekend and she called me a homo. :cry:

Well, I guess she would know.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on August 09, 2013, 01:00:11 PM

Erectus? :perv:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Caliga

NOTA BENE:  Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on August 09, 2013, 12:45:01 PM
My natural scent attracts the females.

Perhaps, but most guys are picky about which species.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on August 09, 2013, 01:03:24 PM
NOTA BENE:  Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

Nothing wrong with impotence?  :hmm: