News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Cologne Thread

Started by Caliga, August 09, 2013, 11:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I wear the smell of death.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Viking on August 09, 2013, 01:10:41 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 09, 2013, 11:58:08 AM
I have never understood why men wear Cologne.

Sex?

With what?

I would have thought that women would be attracted to men who dont need such a thing.  But I think Jacob's point is valid.  I dont know about the men who wear a more subtle scent because I cant smell it.  The guys who I do notice using it are definitely paying for sex.

garbon

I go for the cheaper end (virtually a neophyte as I used to be deathly allergic) and stick with D&G scents. Earlier this year I found out my uncle wears one of the same ones. :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

I go with whatever somebody gives me for Christmas--I can usually count on enough people giving me giftsets then to last the whole year.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on August 09, 2013, 09:16:08 PM
I go for the cheaper end (virtually a neophyte as I used to be deathly allergic) and stick with D&G scents. Earlier this year I found out my uncle wears one of the same ones. :o

Did his wife mistake you and him in the dark and give you the ride of your life?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on August 10, 2013, 02:02:16 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 09, 2013, 09:16:08 PM

Did his wife mistake you and him in the dark and give you the ride of your life?

That would be his aunt.  :hmm: :perv:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

YSL rive gauche pour homme. 

It was picked out for me several years ago by a girlfriend who was into scents, and had a book rating them like wine and such.  It's not overpowering on the subway or something, but gives me and my clothes a distinctive smell.  And everybody's liked it to the point where I just use no-scent antiperspirant with a few dabs of cologne.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

So I just got back from Sephora.

I smelled a ton of stuff there, including some of the stuff people mentioned earlier.

Allure by Chanel: this smelled like a gayed-up version of Stetson to me.  Did not like.

YSL pour homme: the smell was ok, but really subtle.  I'm not the subtle type.

Tom Ford: they had three Tom Ford colognes there.  I liked Tom Ford for Men, disliked Tom Ford Noir (too spicy), but I LOVED Tom Ford Grey Vetiver.  I sprayed some of it on myself when the homo salesmen weren't hovering and it's 'aging' really well also.

I also liked Polo Red, and would say that one is my #2 choice.  Princesca made me try one called Pi by Givenchy that she liked, but it only smelled ok to me.

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 11, 2013, 03:39:42 PM
Homo

No, I think plenty of gay people would also find it a bit odd; I think it's better to describe it as rather precious to be that into scent.   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Quote from: mongers on August 11, 2013, 05:10:40 PM
No, I think plenty of gay people would also find it a bit odd; I think it's better to describe it as rather precious to be that into scent.   :P
:hmm:

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on August 12, 2013, 12:36:28 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 11, 2013, 05:10:40 PM
:hmm:

No idea. Not sure how going once to try several colognes means that you are "that into scent."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Yeah, there were lots of other people there doing the same thing. :mellow:

Scipio

http://www.ogallalabayrum.mybigcommerce.com/

The best bay rum out there, IMHO.  Blows Bigelow's away, and for a much lower price.

A little goes a long way, too.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt