Main Menu

The Cologne Thread

Started by Caliga, August 09, 2013, 11:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on August 12, 2013, 01:22:30 PM
Yeah, there were lots of other people there doing the same thing. :mellow:

They were also into scent.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on August 12, 2013, 01:22:30 PM
Yeah, there were lots of other people there doing the same thing. :mellow:

Actually maybe this is just mongers way of telling us he smells terrible.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Very possible for someone who squats in the woods to take a shit.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Brazen

Quote from: Syt on August 09, 2013, 12:43:10 PM
I use an odorless deodorant and when I feel fancy I use Fahrenheit.
Fahrenheit is my favourite on a chap, along with the Fahrenheit 32 variant.

Caliga

Princesca smelled those the other day and declared them to be 'horrible'. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 09, 2013, 11:58:08 AM
I have never understood why men wear Cologne.

:huh:

They like to smell nice, some women really like it, and it shows that a person is willing to take that extra step to look (and smell) good, much like a good pair of leather shoes worn with a pair of jeans.

I love cologne on a man, so long as it's not too heavily perfumed or too strong smelling.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on August 13, 2013, 04:14:35 PM
I love cologne on a man, so long as it's not too heavily perfumed or too strong smelling.

Good for you

Syt

Quote from: Brazen on August 13, 2013, 08:08:08 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 09, 2013, 12:43:10 PM
I use an odorless deodorant and when I feel fancy I use Fahrenheit.
Fahrenheit is my favourite on a chap, along with the Fahrenheit 32 variant.

Haven't tried the 32 version. I did like Tempore for a while but found it too sweet in the end.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Running low on Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, so I swung by Sephora today to smell some more colognes and see if I might want to make a change.

I came away liking Eros by Versace best but a lot of online reviews poo-poo it as an office scent, and come to think of it (I'm wearing it now) it does smell more like a 'date' cologne.

I also liked Bleu de Chanel, Gentlemen Only by Givenchy (I got a sampler of that last time I bought Grey Vetiver), and Only The Brave by Diesel.

Thoughts, other than "you're a giant faggot"?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Monoriu

Only soap and shampoo are allowed on my skin.

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on August 02, 2014, 04:39:32 PM
Running low on Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, so I swung by Sephora today to smell some more colognes and see if I might want to make a change.

I came away liking Eros by Versace best but a lot of online reviews poo-poo it as an office scent, and come to think of it (I'm wearing it now) it does smell more like a 'date' cologne.

I also liked Bleu de Chanel, Gentlemen Only by Givenchy (I got a sampler of that last time I bought Grey Vetiver), and Only The Brave by Diesel.

Thoughts, other than "you're a giant faggot"?
About to run out of Bleu de Chanel, so I'm rebooting the thread.

Caliga

I put Gentlemen Only on one wrist and then Issey Miyake on the other, and Princesca seems to prefer the Gentlemen Only wrist. :hmm:

Martinus

Chanel Antheus. It is very earthy, subtle, understated. I like it a lot and have been using it, almost exclusively, for the last decade at least.

D. uses Tom Ford, but I find it too ghey.