Another reason not to fear China's military might

Started by Jacob, July 24, 2013, 08:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: mongers on July 28, 2013, 08:22:31 AM
It's Viking, sometimes he's a bit of a tool, he wanted to insult someone and he pick on you, which conforms to the hole bully meme that sometimes afflicts this place.  <_<

It's more like when I see raz I want to insult him.

The point I was making, however, was that france, being a democracy, had to recover it's occupied territory before it could even consider letting the blockade work. Remember, Fabius Maximus' "fabian" strategy was working perfectly well but was abandoned due to Hannibal being in Italy.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: The Brain on July 28, 2013, 08:27:12 AM
How long would the Russians last if France and the UK were quiet on the western front?

That depends, is Brusilov in charge?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Siege

Quote from: Ideologue on July 25, 2013, 11:28:45 AM
Anyway, it's not like America has selected its officers based on ability to actually fight a war.  Maybe we've always had those skills, but no American commander has been shown to possess them since 1951.

Are you talking about General Officers?
They are administrators more than anything. They allocate resources.

American junior, company, and field grade officers are at least average.
Though I have noticed in the last couple years an unwillingness to take risks to accomplish the mission.
This is hardly their fault. Senior officers are the ones that define the working environment, and since these days losing soldiers means getting passed over for promotion...

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on July 28, 2013, 06:45:32 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 25, 2013, 11:28:45 AM
Anyway, it's not like America has selected its officers based on ability to actually fight a war.  Maybe we've always had those skills, but no American commander has been shown to possess them since 1951.

Are you talking about General Officers?
They are administrators more than anything. They allocate resources.

American junior, company, and field grade officers are at least average.
Though I have noticed in the last couple years an unwillingness to take risks to accomplish the mission.
This is hardly their fault. Senior officers are the ones that define the working environment, and since these days losing soldiers means getting passed over for promotion...

Nobody wants to be the last guy to die in Afghanistan.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017