And we're back!

Main Menu

The horror... the horror

Started by Darth Wagtaros, July 26, 2013, 07:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 26, 2013, 11:55:43 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 26, 2013, 10:59:03 AM
My only real "motion sickness" problem is vertigo, I guess.  You know how people at great heights are told to never look down, but look up?  I can look down just fine all day long, but if I look up, I get all dizzy and shit.

Ditto.  It's gotten to the point with me where I get this weird feeling like I'm going to fall upward into the sky.

Lol, yeah, I couldn't even hang upside down on the monkey bars in the playground as a kid.

Iormlund

I only get motion sickness in certain games, for example Half-life 2 and its mods (never got sick playing HL1 mods). Usually it gets better if I can open the field of view.

katmai

Thankfully don't get motion sick, because in my line of work I've had to be filming on H-60 Jayhawks and on board ships out in Bering Sea.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: Iormlund on July 26, 2013, 12:14:12 PM
I only get motion sickness in certain games, for example Half-life 2 and its mods (never got sick playing HL1 mods). Usually it gets better if I can open the field of view.

The only screen thing I recall making me feel somewhat ill is that presentation tool Prezzie. Can't handle that zooming in and out.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on July 26, 2013, 12:18:17 PM
and on board ships out in Bering Sea.

Ever see anybody toss their cookies on that one?

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 26, 2013, 12:27:20 PM

Heck ya, with the weather out there it is bound to happen.
Best was a fellow cameraman, poor guy did fine on board ship, but something about staring through camera fucked up his equilibrium and made him spew all over the Helo when in the air.

The coasties playfully wouldn't let him live it down as meant the flight had to be pulled in and scrubbed down.

Agelastus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 26, 2013, 10:03:44 AM
Quote from: sbr on July 26, 2013, 09:17:16 AM
I used to get motion sickness really bad, I still do if I have to sit in the back seat of the car or read while I am riding.

That used to drive my sister batty when we were on family car trips as kids.  I could read all day in the car, she'd want to pass out before the first page was read.

Heh, CdM and I have something in common. :)

I used to love being taken drives to the coast; 2 hours of reading with no interruptions. Heaven...
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Barrister

Quote from: Agelastus on July 26, 2013, 01:44:58 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 26, 2013, 10:03:44 AM
Quote from: sbr on July 26, 2013, 09:17:16 AM
I used to get motion sickness really bad, I still do if I have to sit in the back seat of the car or read while I am riding.

That used to drive my sister batty when we were on family car trips as kids.  I could read all day in the car, she'd want to pass out before the first page was read.

Heh, CdM and I have something in common. :)

I used to love being taken drives to the coast; 2 hours of reading with no interruptions. Heaven...

Here's the difference between the UK and the Canadian prairies.

I remember taking summer road trips - up to 13 hours reading with no interruptions...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Well difference between UK and North American.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

I vomited on the Japanese prime minister.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Scipio

I don't get motion sickness or seasickness.

I do get a paralyzing fear of dying a horribly painful death after falling more than 200 feet, but luckily, that didn't affect the deployment of the training chute.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

sbr

Quote from: katmai on July 26, 2013, 12:31:46 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 26, 2013, 12:27:20 PM

Heck ya, with the weather out there it is bound to happen.
Best was a fellow cameraman, poor guy did fine on board ship, but something about staring through camera fucked up his equilibrium and made him spew all over the Helo when in the air.

The coasties playfully wouldn't let him live it down as meant the flight had to be pulled in and scrubbed down.

Same reason people get sick reading in the car.  It has to do with the difference in movement detected between your eyes and the little balance/gyro-sensor in your ears.  Your eyes are focused and don't notice the movement while the rest of your body is moving all around.

katmai

Oh I know why he got sick.

For me my biggest problem is if I'm a passenger in a vehicle I just fall asleep. :P

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!