Spitzer and Weiner Lead in New Poll Because Scandal Brought Name Recognition

Started by garbon, July 16, 2013, 10:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on September 10, 2013, 09:15:06 PM
I see that exit polling has de Blasio in the lead with voters saying they want change. Great, more hope and change.
I'm sure he would prove to be more effective than Obama, though. :console:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Well it is no guarantee yet that De Blasio will be the Democratic mayoral candidate, let alone elected mayor. He needs 40% tonight to avoid a runoff. And in a runoff, it is not yet clear whether his challenger will be Thompson or Quinn.

CountDeMoney

I think Bloomberg should just go ahead and take the crown away from the Pope during his coronation, and give himself at least 2 more terms.  You know he wants to anyway.

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on September 10, 2013, 09:31:49 PM
Well it is no guarantee yet that De Blasio will be the Democratic mayoral candidate, let alone elected mayor. He needs 40% tonight to avoid a runoff. And in a runoff, it is not yet clear whether his challenger will be Thompson or Quinn.

True. That said if he is the Dem nominee, would he really lose to John "Cats" or Lhota? I mean who gets excited about Lhota? I think MTA and immediately think DEMON SPAWN. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2013, 09:35:33 PM
I think Bloomberg should just go ahead and take the crown away from the Pope during his coronation, and give himself at least 2 more terms.  You know he wants to anyway.

I'd like that too.

CountDeMoney

I mean, honestly, would New Yorkers really mind?  Sure, the occasional stop-and-frisk-anything-larger-than-16oz aside, I think he's been doing swell.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on September 10, 2013, 09:35:41 PM

True. That said if he is the Dem nominee, would he really lose to John "Cats" or Lhota? I mean who gets excited about Lhota? I think MTA and immediately think DEMON SPAWN. :blush:
At least Lhota would make the trains run on time.   :hmm:  Actually, scratch that.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2013, 09:37:52 PM
I mean, honestly, would New Yorkers really mind?  Sure, the occasional stop-and-frisk-anything-larger-than-16oz aside, I think he's been doing swell.

That's why I wish Quinn had kept her momentum. The boat needs no rocking.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on September 10, 2013, 09:40:11 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 10, 2013, 09:35:41 PM

At least Lhota would make the trains run on time.   :hmm:  Actually, scratch that.

Did they run on time when he was overseeing them?

Phillip V

For now, we can reasonably hope that tonight is the final end of Spitzer/Weiner's political careers.

garbon

derspiess

Cincy also had their mayoral primary today.  It's basically between to nearly-indistinguishable Democrats.  If I still lived within the city limits, I'd vote for the broad-- she supports continuing the streetcar project, which I initially sort of opposed, but we've got enough sunk cost in it right now to where we might as well plod forward.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on September 10, 2013, 09:58:42 PM
For now, we can reasonably hope that tonight is the final end of Spitzer/Weiner's political careers.

I'm not so sure.  The guy is pathological.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall