News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

U.S. Hospitals - too expensive?

Started by Syt, December 03, 2013, 01:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on December 06, 2013, 12:32:47 AM
I guess all those Canadians and brits are not gonna come over anymore for service.

I don't think cost was an issue for that crew.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Rex Francorum

Quote from: Barrister on December 03, 2013, 01:43:40 PM
Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on December 03, 2013, 01:28:26 PM
We really need an NHS. It's too late for anything else; Just nationalize everything.

You don't have to nationalize "everything".  The Canadian model, for example, still has privately run hospitals and clinics.  It's just that there is only one insurer - the national government.

*cough* provincial government *cough*   unless it is like that outside Québec. ;)
To rent

Barrister

Quote from: Rex Francorum on December 07, 2013, 01:39:31 AM
We really need an NHS. It's too late for anything else; Just nationalize everything.

You don't have to nationalize "everything".  The Canadian model, for example, still has privately run hospitals and clinics.  It's just that there is only one insurer - the national government.

*cough* provincial government *cough*   unless it is like that outside Québec. ;)

Without going into too much detail, the insurer is the provincial government, which receives funding (and guidelines) from the national government.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

It truly is the gathering of the Tribes of Israel. :cheers:

crazy canuck

*cough* equalization payments from the federal government transfering the wealth of the West (and NFLD) to fund the health care of the East including Quebec *cough*

Separatists like to ignore that little fact....

katmai

Well to be fair, it was his wife having the baby.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on December 07, 2013, 08:22:30 PM
Well to be fair, it was his wife having the baby.

Are you doubting the miracles of modern science? :angry:

Though his hips are a bit too slender to be good for birthing. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.