News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The future of the work force

Started by CountDeMoney, July 16, 2013, 05:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 16, 2013, 06:36:09 PM
There are a few workers' paradises left in the world that one could probably emigrate to if one wished.
What a silly thing to say.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: fhdz on July 16, 2013, 05:23:59 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 16, 2013, 01:41:40 PM
Why would I like a guy because he's a liberal?
Because the kind of conservative you're a fan of is considered a liberal now.
But only by stupid people.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Yi hates the concept of employed people.  Drag on shareholder value.

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 16, 2013, 07:02:54 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 16, 2013, 06:55:41 PM
What a silly thing to say.
The usual response.
It's a foolish response.  After all, did the free-market gun-crazy lunatics just give up and flee their country?  No, they plotted and planned and they attacked America until they turned it to their purposes.  There's no reason that people who want to see reasonable political change should just pack up and leave, just because the crazies have won a few rounds.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2013, 07:10:07 PM
Yi hates the concept of employed people.  Drag on shareholder value.

I may be a great whore of and a mindless shill for fat cats and big business, but at least I'm not deluding myself that my preferences are cost-free.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 16, 2013, 07:17:01 PM
I may be a great whore of and a mindless shill for fat cats and big business, but at least I'm not deluding myself that my preferences are cost-free.

Yeah, those costs cutting into dividends really break my heart.

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 16, 2013, 06:36:09 PM
There are a few workers' paradises left in the world that one could probably emigrate to if one wished.

False equivalence.  Obviously central planning would work substantially better in the U.S. or other Western countries.

BTW good work catching up to where I was in 2004, folks.  All of my predictions have come or are coming to pass.

Except for HD-DVD.  I was wrong about that. -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on July 16, 2013, 07:24:09 PM

Never bet against Sony.  Ever.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2013, 07:19:07 PM
Yeah, those costs cutting into dividends really break my heart.

I'm pretty sure I've gone over this line of reasoning before, and the reward for my efforts was a tsunami of Occupy slogans.

Besides, Neil and mongers were talking about the Reds winning the Cold War.  There are no dividends under Bolshevism.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2013, 07:24:55 PM

Never bet against Sony.  Ever.

Hey, I was applying the lessons of Beta.  And at the time, the licensing scheme for HD-DVD was far more advantageous.

The factor I didn't consider was the PS3, which increased BD player market penetration by multiples.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 16, 2013, 07:27:52 PM
I'm pretty sure I've gone over this line of reasoning before, and the reward for my efforts was a tsunami of Occupy slogans.

That's because your arguments usually rely on a shitload of esoteric market theory. 
Now, if you were just honest about it and acknowledge that it's actually the not so esoteric concepts of avarice and greed that drive our economic model, then we'd have a starting off point to chat.  :)

QuoteBesides, Neil and mongers were talking about the Reds winning the Cold War.  There are no dividends under Bolshevism.

Their system's death was just faster and more pronounced, that's all.

Admiral Yi

False equivalence.  Obviously central planning would work substantially better in the U.S. or other Western countries.

How so?  The number of degrees in central planning awarded by US universities?

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 16, 2013, 07:27:52 PM
Besides, Neil and mongers were talking about the Reds winning the Cold War.  There are no dividends under Bolshevism.
Why would we be under Bolshevik rule if the Soviets won the Cold War?  The US won, and Russia isn't a liberal democracy.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2013, 07:39:29 PM
That's because your arguments usually rely on a shitload of esoteric market theory. 
Now, if you were just honest about it and acknowledge that it's actually the not so esoteric concepts of avarice and greed that drive our economic model, then we'd have a starting off point to chat.  :)

Avarice and greed drive our economic model.  Chat.