How long should Dzhokhar Tsarnaev get behind bars?

Started by merithyn, July 10, 2013, 02:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assuming he's found guilty *coughs*, how long should Dzhokhar Tsarnaev get?

American - Death penalty
American - Life w/o parole
American - Life with possibility of parole
American - > 30 years, but not life
American - < 30 years
ROTW - Death penalty
ROTW - Life w/o parole
ROTW - Life with possibility of parole
ROTW - > 30 years, but not life
ROTW - < 30 years
Other - Share with the class, please

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on July 11, 2013, 12:28:19 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 11, 2013, 12:26:50 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 11, 2013, 12:25:14 PM
I guess sorta in the sense that they aren't really similar.

:mellow:

They are similar in that the suspect's looks are apparently important enough to certain people that they feel the need to mention it almost as a mitigating factor in their guilt.

Oh well, I've not actually heard anyone say that re: Hernandez.

Ah, you missed the link and/or thread.

Enjoy...
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/07/01/baffoe-lets-mock-people-attracted-to-aaron-hernandez/
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Dunno who Aaron Hernandez is, but again, it's not about how cute Tsarnaev looks or not. It's about how young he is. At least for me.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on July 11, 2013, 01:17:23 PM
Dunno who Aaron Hernandez is,

:huh:  I thought you followed football. 

Quotebut again, it's not about how cute Tsarnaev looks or not. It's about how young he is. At least for me.

Cute, sweet-looking-- same thing IMO.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Siege

I am pretty HOTT, but females and gays still give me shit over here.

Is it because I'm jewish?

Because I am definitively hotter than any muslim.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on July 11, 2013, 09:55:30 AM
He looks like terrorist to me.
No difference from the ones I have seen in the wild.

He doesn't look a damn thing like Menachem Begin.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on July 11, 2013, 02:53:04 PM
He doesn't look a damn thing like Menachem Begin.
Menachem Begin looked like a giant nerd. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: merithyn on July 11, 2013, 01:17:23 PM
Dunno who Aaron Hernandez is, but again, it's not about how cute Tsarnaev looks or not. It's about how young he is. At least for me.

He plays for the Patriots.  Also I think he might have killed some people.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

merithyn

Quote from: Razgovory on July 11, 2013, 04:08:57 PM

Oh, him. Didn't know he'd killed people. Suppose I should read up on that, eh?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Scipio

According to my quick analysis of the 2012 sentencing guidelines, he's eligible for 190 years plus death.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

DGuller

Quote from: Scipio on July 11, 2013, 05:38:14 PM
According to my quick analysis of the 2012 sentencing guidelines, he's eligible for 190 years plus death.
Which one would he serve first?

Razgovory

Quote from: merithyn on July 11, 2013, 05:28:29 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 11, 2013, 04:08:57 PM

Oh, him. Didn't know he'd killed people. Suppose I should read up on that, eh?

That seemed kind of secondary compared to playing for the Patriots.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2013, 03:28:38 PM
Torn apart by the Boston mob.

See that's thinking ED.

Make a reality TV show ala "Running Man". Put it on PPV and give the proceeds to the victims. Win Win really.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".