And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Jaron on March 20, 2016, 02:43:33 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 20, 2016, 02:38:00 PM
I like the Mormons, I'm always nice to the young ones serving their Quest or whatever it's called.  Most of the people were very pleasant in a genuine way, not to mention incredibly good-looking and fertile.  I had Saturday breakfast at a diner-type restaurant, and I swear one family had to use a table the size of something you'd find in a conference room to accommodate the whole well-behaved pure Aryan brood. 

Not to mention Deseret is breathtakingly beautiful.  One night in Ogden and I was about ready to convert.  Besides, I'm sick of booze and coffee anyways, and if I really wanted to defy the Word of Wisdom, the 3.2 beer brewed specifically for the Utah market isn't bad at all -- like your standard English ale, since 3.2% ABW = 4.0% ABV -- and "real" coffee is all the more alluring.  It's disappointing a little, actually, Utah's getting to be more like anywhere else, these things aren't maintained as strictly as I'd expected, at least in urbane Northern Utah.

Yes, that is so. It is stricter in Provo where the LDS church is strongest. Salt Lake City is becoming very liberal and its changing the landscape. The Church still has a firm grip on state politics though and usually when the religious leadership expresses dislike of a bill it quietly dies in the state legislature.

I had a lovely time at the gay bars in SLC. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Jaron

To think I broke the story first to you guys and all I got was ridicule.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Jaron on March 20, 2016, 07:33:27 PM

I had faith in your on-the-ground political coverage, J.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Jaron

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 20, 2016, 09:18:44 PM
Quote from: Jaron on March 20, 2016, 07:33:27 PM

I had faith in your on-the-ground political coverage, J.

:hug:

alfred russel

Kind of pathetic that Rubio is leaving the senate. Public service apparently makes sense to the extent he might be president. Otherwise, time to make bank as a lobbyist.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Zoupa

Yi, Trump vs Clinton in the general, what kinds of bets are you offering?

Also, hey guys. Sup.

Monoriu

Quote from: Zoupa on March 21, 2016, 01:16:55 AM

Also, hey guys. Sup.

Welcome back, Zoupa :hug:

Jaron

Also, hey guys. Sup.

PAC!

Admiral Yi

Also, hey guys. Sup.

Just checked Paddy Power, they're laying 4/9 on Clinton and 5/2 on Trump.  I agree Hillary is clearly odds-on, but those are some crazy odds.

MadImmortalMan

I went into a Paddy Power location a couple weeks ago because I really didn't know what it was and I was curious. There's one right in Temple Bar.

Once I got in there I recognized everything instantly.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 20, 2016, 03:54:17 PM
Southern Idaho surprised me by being seemingly just as Mormon as Utah. 

Definitely got that vibe myself when I was there.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall