Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Phillip V on February 02, 2016, 10:02:32 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 02, 2016, 03:53:47 AM
Coin flips in Iowa?
Clinton won at least 6 coin flips, which is more than her current entire "lead"...

In the early Church and in the Acts of the Apostles, christian leaders were chosen by drawing lots, to let god choose. An evangelical like Cruz should clearly recognize the will of god here.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

PRC

Valmy

Quote from: PRC on February 02, 2016, 10:41:59 AM
Ted Cruz is scary. 

Yep. Apparently he said some crazy shit during his victory speech. Anybody see it?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Is there any Republican front-runner who isn't nuts?  :hmm:

What is Rubio about? He seems a hard core right wing fellow, but is he actually a blowhard lunatic? Don't know much about him.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

No Rubio is not an outsider blowhard lunatic. He is just a hard core right wing guy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

Ted Cruz is scary.

Apparently Fox News, of all, called him out on his BS when he said that Obamacare was destroying jobs, whereas the interviewer countered that while there's much to criticize about Obamacare there's been a rise in jobs, a drop in unwilling part time, and a rise in health insured people.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on February 02, 2016, 10:49:15 AM
No Rubio is not an outsider blowhard lunatic. He is just a hard core right wing guy.

I'm trying to figure out which of the three front runners I would want to root for. It's a bit of a paradox.  :hmm:

Trump? No, he's a blowhard troll.

Cruz? No, he's a weirdo religious nutter.

Rubio? No, he's sincerely hardcore right wing.

Repeat.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on February 02, 2016, 10:45:42 AM
Ted Cruz is scary. 

Yep. Apparently he said some crazy shit during his victory speech. Anybody see it?

I tried to watch it a couple of times, but it was so painful I had to turn it off. Someone on the radio this morning said it lasted over 40 minutes.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Rubio is overwhelmingly preferable to the other three.

I think he will have the common sense not to totally destroy all our progress internationally. But can he handle radical leftists who his supporters despise more than Satan? You know, guys like Paul Ryan.

Phillip V

Quote from: Malthus on February 02, 2016, 10:53:15 AM

I'm trying to figure out which of the three front runners I would want to root for. It's a bit of a paradox.  :hmm:

Is there any chance that Rubio will flip-flop and pivot to the center?  :(

Grey Fox

Trump is the only viable option.

Let the world burn!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Out of the 3, I'd pick Trump, he's the less crazy of the bunch.  He just tells people what they want to hear.
I'd prefer no Trump at all for President of my neighbour, but if I have to pick between these 3 nutjobs, I'd pick the Nobel peace candidate ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Just root for Sanders.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PRC

Rubio looks like a human so he has that going for him.

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on February 02, 2016, 10:48:03 AM
Is there any Republican front-runner who isn't nuts?  :hmm:

What is Rubio about? He seems a hard core right wing fellow, but is he actually a blowhard lunatic? Don't know much about him.
He was a Tea Partier back in the day, several years ago, but the standards are shifting at an ever-accelerating rate, so now he's dangerously close to being an overly-moderate out-of-touch establishment figure.