2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 09, 2016, 12:18:32 AM
Quote from: mongers on November 09, 2016, 12:12:25 AM
The notion of America as a melting pot has taken a knock tonight, a big slice of the population don't like that and they mobilised in a way that the urban progressives seem to have failed to do.

Taken a knock?  Not only was this an outright repudiation, it was the ultimate validation of groups that have been on the political fringe of irrelevancy, where they have always been and always belonged. 

Face it, this was the biggest win for the KKK since D.W. Griffith's Birth of a Nation.

I agree with this
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2016, 12:19:23 AM
It's just I think Yi is getting a bit hysterical.  Life will go on.

Enjoy the trade war, asshole.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

LaCroix

Quote from: Syt on November 09, 2016, 12:22:10 AM
Quote from: LaCroix on November 09, 2016, 12:17:39 AM
in other news, north dakota passed medical marijuana :)

Is there a chance of Trump + Congress can overturn these votes?

maybe, but I don't know if trump will. I don't remember him saying much about marijuana

Syt

Quote from: LaCroix on November 09, 2016, 12:24:01 AM
maybe, but I don't know if trump will. I don't remember him saying much about marijuana

Oh, this would be driven by Congress; I'm guessing Trump would just shrug and go, "Sure, whatever."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

It's over, guys.  I just looked at the PA tallies and the only outstanding county is Lebanon, which is in the Dutch Country and very conservative.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on November 09, 2016, 12:21:26 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 09, 2016, 12:20:09 AM
It's 6:15am. I woke after 3.5 hours of sleep (thanks bronchitis) and haven't been able to go back to sleep.

I'm written sick by my doctor till Friday - is it too early to start drinking?
I've been drinking last few hours...

Same.  I can't believe my guy Johnson is losing :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on November 09, 2016, 12:27:06 AM
It's over, guys.  I just looked at the PA tallies and the only outstanding county is Lebanon, which is in the Dutch Country and very conservative.

I had a Lebanon bologna sandwich in Philly a couple weeks ago.  Much better than the crappy version we get at Kroger.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HisMajestyBOB

Now we have President Trump, with control of the Senate, the House, and soon to be the Supreme Court.
So 4+ years of Republican dominance. But not the "Morning in America" of Reagan, or the "Compassionate Conservatism" of Bush, but the fringe-right fascism of Trump.

Yay.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on November 09, 2016, 12:28:00 AM
It's 6:15am. I woke after 3.5 hours of sleep (thanks bronchitis) and haven't been able to go back to sleep.

Shut the fuck up already.

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on November 09, 2016, 12:29:50 AM
I had a Lebanon bologna sandwich in Philly a couple weeks ago.  Much better than the crappy version we get at Kroger.
Lebanon bologna is indeed quite delicious. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

LOL

Nasdaq, S&P 500 trading halted after falling maximum allowable amount

derspiess

The Fox News panel is incredulous.  Resisting the temptation to turn to MSNBC.

HVC

Won't be so funny when your wife and kids get deported to Mexico (like trump knows where Argentina is :P )
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

You shouldn't have wasted your vote on Berkut.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?