2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 08, 2016, 11:49:08 PM
The next four years are going to be a nightmare, but the worst part may be the realization I live in a nation of retards and assholes.

Aren't you in Iowa? I mean, I understand we increasingly all live in bubbles of our own making, but you probably encountered much more Trump voters than people living on the coasts.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Jacob

Quote from: Lettow77 on November 08, 2016, 11:51:24 PM
It looks to be a resounding victory for the values the South has always stood for :)

Destroying the economy, screwing over non-white people, and corrupt self-enrichment?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Oexmelin on November 08, 2016, 11:52:15 PM
Aren't you in Iowa? I mean, I understand we increasingly all live in bubbles of our own making, but you probably encountered much more Trump voters than people living on the coasts.

Never interrupt a man when he's wallowing in misery.

Caliga

The funny thing is that Trump isn't really a conservative nor does he stand for those 'values'.  He stands for Trump.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

HVC

Quote from: Jacob on November 08, 2016, 11:53:30 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on November 08, 2016, 11:51:24 PM
It looks to be a resounding victory for the values the South has always stood for :)

Destroying the economy, screwing over non-white people, and corrupt self-enrichment?

Like he said, the values the south always stood for.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

derspiess

Just woke up from my election night nap.  What's the latest?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 08, 2016, 11:55:18 PM

:lol: Smart ass.

You're getting the America you want. :yeah:

Hamilcar

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 08, 2016, 11:56:28 PM

Should take a look at his 401k and decide if it was worth it.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Congratulations, you won :cheers:

Now you can build the America you want.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 08, 2016, 11:36:25 PM
This may be one of the worst days of my life.

Hell - this isn't the worst day this week so far for me (I had an utterly kick-in-the-nuts decision on a homicide that left the deceased's family yelling and swearing at the judge about the utter injustice of it all).

I know I mourned in lots of Canadian elections, including the election of the Not Ready For Prime Time Alberta NDP a couple years ago.  All of those elections were bad, but they're never as bad as you think they're going to be on election night.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Hamilcar on November 08, 2016, 11:57:41 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 08, 2016, 11:56:28 PM

Should take a look at his 401k and decide if it was worth it.

I made pre-emptive moves on that weeks ago.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2016, 11:58:35 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 08, 2016, 11:36:25 PM
This may be one of the worst days of my life.

Hell - this isn't the worst day this week so far for me (I had an utterly kick-in-the-nuts decision on a homicide that left the deceased's family yelling and swearing at the judge about the utter injustice of it all).

I know I mourned in lots of Canadian elections, including the election of the Not Ready For Prime Time Alberta NDP a couple years ago.  All of those elections were bad, but they're never as bad as you think they're going to be on election night.

You're not helping.

FunkMonk

Trump moved on America strongly and grabbed her by the pussy, bigly.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2016, 11:58:35 PM
Hell - this isn't the worst day this week so far for me...

I'm sure that's a great comfort to many.