2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

2016 has been a shitfest of a year in politics. Let's hope 2017 doesn't get any worse.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on November 08, 2016, 11:50:44 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 08, 2016, 11:36:25 PM
This may be one of the worst days of my life.

The fact that you voted for Hillary gave me false confidence - I figured you were a bellwether for reasonable Republicans. If you were, I guess there aren't enough reasonable Republicans :(

Most republicans don't have advanced degrees from Georgetown. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on November 09, 2016, 12:00:56 AM
Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2016, 11:58:35 PM
Hell - this isn't the worst day this week so far for me...

I'm sure that's a great comfort to many.

It's just an attempt at perspective (and that decision on Monday was probably the worst and most disheartening of my 15 year career).

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 09, 2016, 12:00:07 AM
Trump moved on America strongly and grabbed her by the pussy, bigly.

He didn't hide it;  he's never minced words.  He told everybody what he believed in.  And Americans validated that.

Rather shameful, actually.

Barrister

mongers

Putin is preparing a 24 missile salute over Syria in the morning.

Meanwhile Iraqi and presumably their American soldier advisors are proving Trump wrong, by moving to within 3 clicks of the very centre of Mosul.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

My sisters are posting from Infowars and Alex Jones on Facebook. :bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Hell - this isn't the worst day this week so far for me (I had an utterly kick-in-the-nuts decision on a homicide that left the deceased's family yelling and swearing at the judge about the utter injustice of it all).

I know I mourned in lots of Canadian elections, including the election of the Not Ready For Prime Time Alberta NDP a couple years ago.  All of those elections were bad, but they're never as bad as you think they're going to be on election night.

Wanna bet?

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 08, 2016, 11:56:28 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 08, 2016, 11:55:18 PM
Just woke up from my election night nap.  What's the latest?

:lol: Smart ass.

You're getting the America you want. :yeah:

Honestly, here was my night:  I picked up my daughter from dance class (OMG the level of cuteness was just insane), brought her home, made dinner for her and my 8 year old son.  Turned them over to the wife and went to catch an election special thingy at my local brewery, which had happy hour pricing all night.  Had a couple there while discussing how shitty politics has become, then came home and talked to my two best friends on the phone about the election-- who we voted for local election silliness, etc.  Did not see how FL, WI, IA, and NC went until just a few minutes ago.

Hillary is not gone yet, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maladict

I wish I hadn't stayed up. What a shitty night.

The Minsky Moment

Let's give credit where credit is due.  There is a big winner tonight and there is no doubt who that winner is.

The TAINT.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2016, 12:02:55 AM
Quote from: Jacob on November 09, 2016, 12:00:56 AM
Hell - this isn't the worst day this week so far for me...

I'm sure that's a great comfort to many.

It's just an attempt at perspective (and that decision on Monday was probably the worst and most disheartening of my 15 year career).

Take it to another thread, emo.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Lettow77 on November 08, 2016, 11:51:24 PM
It looks to be a resounding victory for the values the South has always stood for :)

Well, that's for sure.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

HVC

Quote from: HVC on September 17, 2016, 01:54:53 PM
All the years she's fought, and all she's done (good and bad) All Hilary is going to be remembered for is that she lost to trump. That's has to eat her up inside.

Well all her machinations were for not. If it wasn't trump she was losing to its almost be amusing. But tonight is a bad night for America and the world at large. I still hold on to the small hope that trump was all talk and is too lazy and impatient to do anything and those he chooses to actually do the work are as bad as he is. Someone will be along soon enough to break that hope though, I'm sure :lol: 
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.