News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 09, 2016, 12:04:23 AM
Let's give credit where credit is due.  There is a big winner tonight and there is no doubt who that winner is.

The TAINT.
Nate Silver didn't do that badly either, considering.  I guess his tail wasn't too fat after all.

Hamilcar

Let's give credit where credit is due.  There is a big winner tonight and there is no doubt who that winner is.

The TAINT.

:lol:

We should start a fund shorting whatever Timmay hypes.

HisMajestyBOB

The TAINT.

Hey Tim, can you tell me what lotto numbers are going to lose? TIA
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

mongers

Quote from: Syt on November 09, 2016, 12:03:52 AM
My sisters are posting from Infowars and Alex Jones on Facebook. :bleeding:

If you went to a well qualified professional, they might recommend disowning them for the sake of your own mental well-being.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

LaCroix

well, I was completely wrong! mongers was right after all, we got trumped by the brexit effect. have to hand it to legbiter, too, who stayed firm despite the odds and opposition. :D

at least a vote for trump is a vote for oil :nodak:

Syt

Quote from: mongers on November 09, 2016, 12:06:54 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 09, 2016, 12:03:52 AM
My sisters are posting from Infowars and Alex Jones on Facebook. :bleeding:

If you went to a well qualified professional, they might recommend disowning them for the sake of your own mental well-being.

:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Okay, so previously I had been told that Joe Manchin was totally in with the Clinton Machine (tm).  I'm hearing now from a close associate that if the Senate went 50/50, he would not be against switching parties. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Hamilcar

On a scale from 1 to Caligula, how immodest will Trump's acceptance speech be?

CountDeMoney

Tonight is the 78th anniversary of Kristallnacht.  How fitting for such a blatantly antisemitic campaign.

Zoupa

Trump just pulled ahead in Pennsylvania  :lol:

Holy shit. I guess I'm gonna cash in on my bet, Yi.

No fucking way am I coming down there to pick it up though... Might wanna look into moving up here dude. I know you like it here  :)

FunkMonk

Supposedly election day was also 18 Brumaire  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 09, 2016, 12:04:02 AM
Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2016, 11:58:35 PM
Hell - this isn't the worst day this week so far for me (I had an utterly kick-in-the-nuts decision on a homicide that left the deceased's family yelling and swearing at the judge about the utter injustice of it all).

I know I mourned in lots of Canadian elections, including the election of the Not Ready For Prime Time Alberta NDP a couple years ago.  All of those elections were bad, but they're never as bad as you think they're going to be on election night.

Wanna bet?

If you can think of a quantifiable metric to measure "things won't be as bad as you think tonight" I'm game.

I'm not saying tonight is good news by any fucking stretch.  It's just not as bad as you're thinking.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

The notion of America as a melting pot has taken a knock tonight, a big slice of the population don't like that and they mobilised in a way that the urban progressives seem to have failed to do.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

FunkMonk

Dems should have run Joe Biden.

Wasn't a Clinton.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on November 09, 2016, 12:10:00 AM
Trump just pulled ahead in Pennsylvania  :lol:

Holy shit. I guess I'm gonna cash in on my bet, Yi.

No fucking way am I coming down there to pick it up though... Might wanna look into moving up here dude. I know you like it here  :)

Trouble is when Trump starts pulling out of trade deals (starting with NAFTA) and sending the world into recession it's certainly going to affect Canada... :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.