And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Spain: Play Card as Operations
#41: 3 / Border Reivers [RESPONSE]
Playable by any power that controls York, Carlisle, Berwick, or any space in Scotland. Target another power that controls one of these seven spaces; draw a card from that power's hand and keep it. OR Playable by England, France or the Protestant to immediately gain 4 diplomatic influence in Scotland.

Message from Spain:
2/3: Alva 4m1r to Oran
3/3: Alva 2r4m to Algiers
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

This would be the right time ulmont.

0 rows returned

ulmont

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Event
#31: 5 / Treachery!
Play against any fortified space that is currently under siege, even a space where a besieging power does not meet the requirements for assault. Immediately initiate an assault by a besieging power on the units within the fortifications. If after the assault, the besieging units still outnumber the units within, apply these results: all defending units are eliminated; defending leaders are captured; space becomes controlled by besieging power.

[FAQ: "Where a besieging power does not meet the requirements for assault" refers to situations where normal assault is not possible because of a lack of a LOC or because of the presence of enemy naval units.]

Message from France:
On the reasonable assumption that English play will not affect this, playing on Algiers.

ulmont

Algiers falls with no Spanish losses.  File sent; Max still up to play or pass.

Viking

Seriously berkut/ulmont

did you guys even get any 1cp cards? What was your card cp average 4?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Not a lot of 1CP cards, but I did get plenty of 1CP treasures.

As you know.

0 rows returned

Berkut

My card average this tun was 3 actually.

0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on April 19, 2013, 12:51:07 AM
My card average this tun was 3 actually.

actually, so far it's 3.375, and if you count the 4 cp of stuff the de avila card gave you as opposed to the 2 cp face value it had your average is 3.625
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Quote from: ulmont on April 18, 2013, 08:58:02 PM
Algiers falls with no Spanish losses.  File sent; Max still up to play or pass.

Nah, I think not.  I'll play Grand Vizier to cancel Treachery.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote#42: 2 / Catherine's Flying Squadron [RESPONSE]
Message from Ottoman:
Viking said he was passing the turn and I think Sol is doing likewise. Regardless, I doubt his play will affect mine.

For CPs :

1/2 - Assault Tunis.

Tunis holds.  Ottomans lose 1 regular.

Quote2/2 CPs - Naval move. Fleet to Barbary Coast.

Assuming no evasion from Berkut.

Resulting battle sinks the remnants of the Spanish fleet at the loss of 1 Ottoman galley and 1 corsair.

File out.  Back to Berkut.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Doh. I forgot you had another HC. Oops.

And 5 out of 8 hits for your fleet again. You can't beat dice like that.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Spain: Play Card as Event
#69: 3 / Tenth Penny
Protestant player immediately takes a Rebellion action in the Netherlands as if 5 CP were spent. OR Spanish player draws 1 card at random from the Protestant player and keeps it in his hand for a future impulse.

Message from Spain:
We could use a card from the Prots, I am thiking.

Extend impulse with 4CP treasure
2/4: Walloon in Brussels
4/4: Patrol in Spanish Main

0 rows returned

Solmyr

It's not the average CP value, it's that every Spanish card is an event beneficial for Spain.

Berkut

Yeah, and I am doing so very well as a result.

What is interesting is that it shows that even with a good hand, Spain cannot contain a good Ottoman hand when the rest of the board is intent on helping them.

And they hit on 60% of their naval dice.

0 rows returned

Solmyr

Building regulars in the Netherlands is surely helpful for containing the Ottomans.