News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Solmyr on April 19, 2013, 08:43:39 AM
Building regulars in the Netherlands is surely helpful for containing the Ottomans.

Not really - but do you think that in response to England forcing me to ditch cards, and HRE actively aligning themselves with the Ottomans, lying to me, and actively working against me, I should just abandon the rest of the board?

Besides - I can't build anymore ships. They've all been sunk. So at this point, their literally is nothing I can do about the Ottomans. I've done everything possible, and the net result is a huge number of CPs spent, and the entire Spanish naval force pool at the bottom of the Med, and the Ottomans have taken Malta and have one more shot at Tunis. I've stormed him, I Haremed him, I traded a card in diplo to Treachery him.

Believe me, if I could spend those last few CPs on boats, I would.

Like I said before sol, if you think more should be done against the Ottomans than I have done - I am not the person to complain to - I've done everything possible. Hell, I even had a great hand for stomping Ottomans. Of course, they had a great hand for stomping Spaniards. Plus a faithful vassal in viking.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

What is funny about anyone bitching that I should do more about the Ottomans is that Habbaku actually proposed that we make a deal, I give up Tunis, and he pirates others while I do...whatever. He evne said I would regret not making a deal given his hand. I figured he was doing his normal Habs mind games.

Had I taken that deal, that would have resulted in me spending what - another 20+ CPs against the Prots or England or someone other than the Ottomans?

I probably should have listened. Of course, I didn't know at that point that viking was going to lie to me, so that potential 1 card swing was pretty key to my evaluation of the merits of staying in conflict. Fool me once and all that.

Hell of a turn though. Some rather epic naval fights...

0 rows returned

Viking

n.b. the file shows me with one remaining treasure, I spent it already and will remove it now
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

I had a great hand for stomping Spain?  Uh...what cards would those be?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maximus

Berkut

Did Sol say he was passing? Might be back to the Ottomans.

0 rows returned

Maximus

Quote from: Solmyr on April 18, 2013, 05:22:41 PM
Going to sleep, so next action tomorrow. I will pass though, unless Berkut starts converting Amsterdam and environs.
I think so

Habbaku

Still waiting to learn which of my cards was good for stomping Spain in particular, but otherwise will pass.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Spain: Play Card as Event
#29: 2 / Muscovy Company
Place a "+1 Card" marker on your power card. You draw 1 extra card next turn (representing new revenues from trade with Muscovy). If played by England, place an additional +1 Card marker on the Turn Track on the turn two turns from the current one. England receives an extra card two turns in a row.

Message from Spain:
Remove the -1 Marker.

Likely done for the turn.

0 rows returned

Maximus

Maximus

I believe Habs to play or pass. If he passes that ends the turn.

Viking

Winter

1 Reg Prague to Vienna
Diplomercs
Squadron to Trieste

Total Cards 4 - 1 save - 3 drawn

Total VP 8 - Keys 4 - Other 4

Don't forget observatory bonus for rolling bellaso
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

ulmont

Winter (repost)

2+1, Henry, Montmorency from Frankfurt to Paris, leaving 2+2 behind.

Total Cards 5 - Keys 4 - Bonus 1

Total VP 12 - Keys 8 - Valois 1 - Wedding 1 - Paris T1 1 - Paris T2 1

Habbaku

Much as I want to try another crack at Tunis, I think I'm going to pass as well.

Ottoman winter :

2 regulars in Tunis to Algiers.
2 regulars + Sokollu in Tunis to Istanbul.
Galley and naval leaders in Barbary Coast to Algiers.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maximus

English winter: 2 regulars from Dublin to London