News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Ensuing battle is 7 Spanish vs. 6 Ottoman hits.  3 Ottoman galleys and 1 corsair sunk vs. 3 Spanish galleys sunk.

Dragut, 1 corsair, HRE galley and 1 Ottoman galley retreat to North African Coast.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

See, Viking?  Rolling everyone together equals a lot of hits.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

IM from Berkut :

QuoteI have to go, but need to extend my impulse. Can you do the file? I will extend with a 4CP treasure. Patronize Bautista, CR in Netherlands, try to get my keys back under control. If you are not at home or don't have time or want to, I can do this later this evening.

I'll make the rolls for him.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

QuoteOttoman: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 5

Message from Ottoman:
Spanish suppress in Netherlands.

4 successes.  Convert Brussels, Ghent, Antwerp and Flushing.

Also, whoever's doing the on-board Protestant Spaces count is doing it horribly wrong.  Stop that.

Off to Max.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on April 18, 2013, 04:54:38 PM
See, Viking?  Rolling everyone together equals a lot of hits.

This might apply for other people, but not for me.. or Solmyr apparently...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maximus

Spain retains control of the pope. Berkut needs to choose an action.

Solmyr

Going to sleep, so next action tomorrow. I will pass though, unless Berkut starts converting Amsterdam and environs.

Viking

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 8

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
Polack defenders

The Polish Quagmire finally ends... with no polish hits....

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

Berkut

Last journal entry
Spain: Play Card as Event
#16: 5 / The Sultan's Harem [RESPONSE]
Playable as an event by the Ottoman player. The Ottoman player gains 5 CP that may only be used to construct corsairs, conduct naval moves and/or undertake piracy actions. All piracy actions conducted during these moves roll 1 extra piracy die. OR Playable as a response by any non-Ottoman power to force the Ottoman player to skip their next impulse. Power playing this card as a response draws one replacement card from the deck.

Message from Spain:
The Sultan is....busy. He will be taking his next turn off.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Maximus

Viking

So, I take it that he hasn't figured out that by playing the card he just played he is up next himself?

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on April 18, 2013, 05:30:45 PM
I will be passing out the turn

Take the diplomercs.  I think they'll help us work something out.