News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is EU3 fun yet?

Started by Faeelin, May 21, 2009, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Nah, EU3 complete ctd's when i try to look at anything but 1st tutorial for me as wall and I dl'd it from gamers gate.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Probably does have something to do with Steam.  I have a hard copy that I bought from Amazon and have yet to experience a CTD.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Quote from: syk on December 24, 2009, 03:15:20 PM
I did it. With todays's reduced prices on Steam I bought EU3 Complete for 12€. Finished the 1st tutorial and wanted to look at the second: CTD  :bleeding:
Fired it up, repeated the same with tut #2, again CTD. PI sucks.

I think the tutorials were borked somewhere along the patching/expansion process. Over on Wargamer I read occasional complaints in Paradox threads that they should "finally fix the tutorials".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

Quote from: Syt on December 24, 2009, 11:57:33 PM
I did it. With todays's reduced prices on Steam I bought EU3 Complete for 12€. Finished the 1st tutorial and wanted to look at the second: CTD  :bleeding:

I think the tutorials were borked somewhere along the patching/expansion process. Over on Wargamer I read occasional complaints in Paradox threads that they should "finally fix the tutorials".

Right or wrong it seems to be a pretty common problem; the manuals and the tutorials are garbage months - or weeks- after the game is released because of the patches.

dps

Quote from: Syt on December 24, 2009, 11:57:33 PM

I thought that the tutorials have always been broken.

Habbaku

Is the census thing bugged?  I haven't look every time, but every time I have done the action, it's lowered the population and never raised it, despite the apparent 50% chance.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on December 25, 2009, 07:01:07 PM
Is the census thing bugged?  I haven't look every time, but every time I have done the action, it's lowered the population and never raised it, despite the apparent 50% chance.

This is supposedly fixed in the beta patch (random decision effects weren't very random).

Viking

What annoys me is that when I click on the small world map to move the active window, it only moves about 1/3 of the time.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

It raised mine sometimes, but the odds seem to be much worse than 50/50.  I've noticed it myself today.

Alcibiades

Same with the census, and the world map.   :glare:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

jimmy olsen

Wow, it's the exact opposite for me, it's always raised the population for me.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

How does this cultural tradition thing work?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 26, 2009, 04:36:36 AM
How does this cultural tradition thing work?
It helps you create quality advisers.  It can be very useful.

Solmyr

After playing a second game, I am convinced that the itty bitty French vassals need to be removed and France should control those places directly from the start. Otherwise, with a 1399 start, AI France invariably gets crushed (usually by Burgundy, sometimes also by England and Castile). Only Brittany and Provence/Anjou should really be independent, the rest of them should just be merged with France right away. After all, there aren't separate earldoms in England, or other feudal vassals in Castile, Sweden, Poland, or wherever, so there's no reason for France to be singled out.

Barrister

I'm making progress on starting out with Byzantium.  Build up the navy, don't hire a lot of advisors, traders in Venice are actually cost-effective...

But I got so caught up in the new changes in HTTT I forgot some of the most elementary mistakes.  I was in an alliance with Wallachia, and Wallachia started a war with the Ottomans.  Now unlike EU2 the senior alliance partner takes over the peace process, but I forgot that I was only a 2 province minor, and Wallachia totally screwed me over in the peace process. :bleeding:

Back to the drawing board...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.