And we're back!

Main Menu

BBC: Second Spanish Civil War Is Possible

Started by jimmy olsen, October 03, 2012, 08:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jacob

Quote from: katmai on October 04, 2012, 05:42:44 PMIn other words, dried up dog turd color.
aka Garbon color?[/quote]

It took a turn for the stupid and it looks like we're just hit some straight road and switched on cruise control.

Iormlund

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 04, 2012, 12:10:13 AM
Meh, he just doesn't get out enough.  2 hours in the sun, and he'd be brown as a berry.

:lol:

Yes, professional cyclists are notorious for their fear of the Sun.

Quote from: katmai on October 04, 2012, 05:28:52 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 04, 2012, 04:54:05 PM
Well, this took a turn for the stupid.
This is Languish!

No kidding!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on October 04, 2012, 05:50:01 PM
Quote from: katmai on October 04, 2012, 05:42:44 PMIn other words, dried up dog turd color.
aka Garbon color?

It took a turn for the stupid and it looks like we're just hit some straight road and switched on cruise control.
[/quote]

I will drive this thread into a ditch.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

My wife's family is a mix of Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, French Basque and, eh, a little Irish.  They're as white as I am.

Wife tans really well, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Iormlund

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on October 04, 2012, 07:16:42 AM

White and caucasian are not the same thing. White is a sub-category of caucasian.
In North America they're clearly viewed as synonyms by the great majority, and I've learned not to take your view as definitive of Britons either.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 04, 2012, 07:53:29 PM
n North America they're clearly viewed as synonyms by the great majority,
:lol:
Its amazing the way people are totally ignoring the post before mine, the one I was replying to, I even started by saying yeah to agree;
QuoteThe european and american scales of "what is white" are very different

Though I have to say the American way sounds pretty stupid given how utterly non-white many Indians are.
But then America and race is always crazy.

and I've learned not to take your view as definitive of Britons either.
Well duh. No one person represents a country.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on October 04, 2012, 09:05:35 PM
Though I have to say the American way sounds pretty stupid given how utterly non-white many Indians are.

Tim is wrong. Indians are considered Asian.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

So a people who are predominately Celtic, Italian, and Germanic aren't white? :lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 03, 2012, 10:19:49 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 03, 2012, 10:05:05 PM
I support whatever side is fighting against the commies/anarchists.

You know, sometimes a little anarchy is good for the soul.  Helps people find their moral compass.  Amazing the clarity of vision a few well-placed explosive devices can provide.
Especially if those devices are planes crashing into towers.  LULZ.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on October 04, 2012, 10:16:33 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 03, 2012, 10:19:49 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 03, 2012, 10:05:05 PM
I support whatever side is fighting against the commies/anarchists.

You know, sometimes a little anarchy is good for the soul.  Helps people find their moral compass.  Amazing the clarity of vision a few well-placed explosive devices can provide.
Especially if those devices are planes crashing into towers.  LULZ.

Certainly woke us the fuck up, now didn't they?

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on October 04, 2012, 09:05:35 PM.

Eh we have a huge variety of people.  It would seem crazier to me to say 'oh wow so you are descended from Italians and Greeks?  Ok we need a new racial catagory for you'.  Instead of like 50,000 different racial groups, or whatever you are proposing, we only have four or five catagories.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 04, 2012, 09:12:41 PM
Quote from: Tyr on October 04, 2012, 09:05:35 PM

Tim is wrong. Indians are considered Asian.

Indians are considered Indian. Calling them Asian tends to confuse Americans (though 'Indian' can lead to some confusion, too).
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?